iv looked at a couple of books with these numbers in them but don't know what
there meaning is .

quote from book's

"The six major scales 6/1, 5/1, 6/2, 5/2, 6/4, and 5/4 are very helpful in learning the fretboard"

and this one "hand at positions 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/1, you will hear the harmonic series tones that make up the E chord"

how does this go with the guitar ? thx for any reply's
Last edited by notos at Sep 28, 2011,
To be honest I have no idea what it means - I'd ignore those bits, and possibly the whole book.

Whatever it is they're trying to explain they're making a terrible job of it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have no idea either. I've never seen such notation. Surely your book should explain those? What book is that?
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
you probably jumped a page where its explained, if you didnt, then thats a terrible way of explaining stuff. Id say drop the book and go to youtube. alot of vids about learning the fretboard and almost all techniques are explained.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by KorYi
maybe something like....picture 6, figure 1? or something

This was the only thing I could think of when I first saw this thread, didn't have a clue what else it could be so I've checked back here a few times to see if anyone else knew what it was talking about!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by notos
iv looked at a couple of books with these numbers in them but don't know what
there meaning is .

quote from book's

"The six major scales 6/1, 5/1, 6/2, 5/2, 6/4, and 5/4 are very helpful in learning the fretboard"

Jody Fisher's books go by this method. For example, 6/1 means the lowest root is found on the 6th string and is fingered with the first finger. 5/1 because the lowest root is on the 5th string and fingered with the first finger.

I must admit, it's not the most helpful formula I've come across, but Jody Fisher is a staggeringly good jazzer.

The second part would be t do with the physics side of things. If I had the time I would love to study this sort of thing, as the more one knows about the mechanics of their instrument, the better imo...but alas I haven't the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_series_(music)
Last edited by mdc at Sep 28, 2011,
well i thought it was some system that players use to explain were there at on the
fretboard like the above post said .

but i guess its whoever is writing the books interpretation. which is difficult because
they don't explain the concept thoroughly

the second example in my original post is from the book " fretboard rosette"
it don't make sense to me .