What is a good way to record from your tube amp to make an mp3.
I dont want to spend a pile of money on gear that is for players that are way better than me, I just want to put some of my stuff on the web etc.

Where do people post their stuff other than you tube or here?
If you want to make recordings, you're going to have to spend some money, but it doesn't have to be a lot.

You either need a multitracker (which can be purchased 2nd hand at a reasonable cost) or you can use software to simulate what a multitracker can do, although this software is available free (e.g. Reaper), you will need to purchase an interface to connect your amp to your PC.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If you want to make recordings, you're going to have to spend some money, but it doesn't have to be a lot.

You either need a multitracker (which can be purchased 2nd hand at a reasonable cost) or you can use software to simulate what a multitracker can do, although this software is available free (e.g. Reaper), you will need to purchase an interface to connect your amp to your PC.

All of this.

Or the ultimate in cheap, buy a cable that connects a headphone/line out from your amp into your microphone port on you PC/laptop. It will sound bollocks, but it's very cheap.

An interface can be a pain in the back with latency issues and soundcard compatability but once it's sorted it'll run fine. If you want to skip the hastle, try and see if you can get a multi tracker with USB connection or flash memory. It'll cost more but you'll get a portable studio too. A Boss micro BR sounds like something you might like, if you get the money.

You can try Soundcloud if you want to upload clips.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Silent Murder
All of this.

Or the ultimate in cheap, buy a cable that connects a headphone/line out from your amp into your microphone port on you PC/laptop. It will sound bollocks, but it's very cheap.

An interface can be a pain in the back with latency issues and soundcard compatability but once it's sorted it'll run fine. If you want to skip the hastle, try and see if you can get a multi tracker with USB connection or flash memory. It'll cost more but you'll get a portable studio too. A Boss micro BR sounds like something you might like, if you get the money.

You can try Soundcloud if you want to upload clips.

I've never had an issue with latency, both my UX1 and Saffire 6 were fine right out of the box. Obviously that's not always the case, but usually the basic level interfaces are quite easy to set up.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
what about something like the zoom H1 recorder? Would it be any better than my flip HD video camera?
Sound wise it would be better than your camera, but as far as I'm aware that's only a single track of recording. Any of the other options would provide you with the ability to add multiple tracks, e.g. rhythm, lead, bass & drums and would therefore give you far more options for the future.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
What's your budget? I'd recommend a small USB interface. Focusrite is great
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I kinda like the the zoom H1. Price is right and reviews are pretty good. I'm no expert just want to record some of my riffs I made into songs and put them on the web with relative ease.
You want cheap? Use Reaper and a guitar hero mic. It will plug into your USB, mic your cab and you have a recording studio for 15 bucks.