Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum. As i said in the title i'm trying to get an idea about what Eminence speaker to buy, as i'll build a guitar cabinet by myself.
I'd like to have a cabinet that sounds the closest to some kind of "stoner" sound.
Any suggestions?
Cannabis Rex, of course.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Thanks Man.
Do you think a 4x12" with a whole Cannabis Rex set can be ok?
Consider that for now i'm playing through a Marshall JCM800 or a Bugera v55hd.
Have you any suggestions about some good pedals?
Personally, I'm a big fan of mixing different speaker types. For my own use, I'd go with something more like one Cannabis Rex, one Screamin' Eagle, one WGS Green Beret and a WGS Retro 30, but for stoner rock, you want a very thick, dark sound, right? For that, four Cannabis Rexes will do nicely.

As far as pedals go, I don't know what you have and what you like, but for stoner fuzz tones, you probably need some kind of Muff. Electro Harmonix Big Muff, Big Muff with Tone Wicker, Way Huge Swollen Pickle, Blackout Effectors Musket, Earthquaker Devices Hoof, any of those would work. The MXR Blue Box is fun too.

I like vibe pedals in that kind of music, too--the Danelectro Cool Cat Vibe is a good starting point if you want to try those.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
I already have an Electro Harmonix Big Muff and i'm fine with it.
Point is, some friends ask me to start a different band (i've always played stoner-ish stuff by myself), some kind of hardcore with "Converge's Ballou guitar sound". As i already thought to build a new cabinet by myself i'd like to create something i can use in both of the situations. I was already thinking about the cannabis rex, though, and then about modeling the sound with some effects.
Do you know something about the Red White and Blues Eminence speaker for example? It seems it can fit, combined with a cannabis rex.
Celestion G12h30
Eminence Swampthing
Eminence V12
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate