Because of my ongoing epic quest for the perfect 6x10 cabinet, I have come across a company called Vase.
I've read through their whole website about their history, Australian pride etc. and that they've basically just reformed the brand and are making amps and cabs again.

Has anyone heard of this brand before? Anyone know if the stuff they're making is anything like their old stuff? I'm guessing it isn't because the specs on their bass stuff is pretty modern looking but that brings me to my main question:

The Vase 6x10 Here (yes I know that's the 2x10, the 6x10 is just one click away) seems to be exactly what I'm after. Basically a 6x10 that will take the 1200Watts at 4 ohms that I want it to.
Does anyone know anything about these cabs that it doesn't say on the site like specs or what they sound like or anything?
Also it says 1250 watts and I'm really hoping that's RMS, I've sent them an email but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Thanks guys.

(Is this original enough for you Greg? )
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Never even heard of this brand before. They look pretty smexy though What color would you been getting?
NO NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Blackblackblackblack

goes with anything
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

true true true. i think cream would look rather interesting though lol
NO NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Last edited by IcanHasBass at Sep 28, 2011,
Go to OzBassForum and ask there. There was a fair bit of discussion on these not too long ago. Your chances of finding info on Aussie gear on here are pretty slim.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
But... i thought Bergantino already made the perfect 6x10?

I've never heard of Vase. They look rad though. I doubt they'd be economically viable to ship to the states, here :/

For whatever reason, they remind me of more 'modern' looking Emperor cabs.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Gilly isn't American, unless you were referring to yourself.

I'd take the cream or white but yea black goes with everything. I'm in the process of painting all my speaker baffles white to stand out from all the black.
Quote by askrere
Gilly isn't American, unless you were referring to yourself.

I know! I wasn't very clear... i ment to imply that i probably haven't seen them here in the US because they'd be rather costly to ship.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Yea, shippings fun.

Do they have those in stores or places near you to try?
Quote by consecutive e
Go to OzBassForum and ask there. There was a fair bit of discussion on these not too long ago. Your chances of finding info on Aussie gear on here are pretty slim.

I've been having a read through the forums there since last night, seems like a pretty cool forum but for some reason I'd never gotten around to actually looking at it, thanks .

Quote by Din of Win
But... i thought Bergantino already made the perfect 6x10?

The Bergantino looks great, but with that (low) power handling I'd need it to be 8ohms not 4.

Quote by askrere
Yea, shippings fun.

Do they have those in stores or places near you to try?

I've only found them for sale on one website from a store located in Brisbane which according to Google maps is approximately 2000km away from me.
They've got the 6x10 for just under $2000 and the shipping is apparently just $15. So, if they end up being as good quality as they look and the power handling is RMS then I'm getting one.
My only issue is actually finding out this information.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

I wish you could go try one out before you try it. Wattage ratings on cabs can be a wishy-washy thing. I can't seem to find much on Vase, aside from a quote saying, "I can get a better tone out of a Behringer than a Vase".

I can atest though that there really isn't a better 6x10 on the market than the Bergantino NV610. Out of curiosity, why do you need so many watts? I play mainly out of tube heads, and mainly out of tube heads in the 100w-200w range, and i have never ever had a problem being loud enough (in VERY loud shoegaze and dreampop bands), even with my lower wattage (i think maybe 400w RMS?) handling Acoustic 6x10 from the 70's.

On a completely unrelated note, i'm playing with a band from Australia on Monday! 15 years of playing shows and this'll be the first Aussie band i've played with
Last edited by Din of Win at Sep 29, 2011,
Quote by Din of Win
I wish you could go try one out before you try it. Wattage ratings on cabs can be a wishy-washy thing. I can't seem to find much on Vase, aside from a quote saying, "I can get a better tone out of a Behringer than a Vase".

I can atest though that there really isn't a better 6x10 on the market than the Bergantino NV610. Out of curiosity, why do you need so many watts? I play mainly out of tube heads, and mainly out of tube heads in the 100w-200w range, and i have never ever had a problem being loud enough (in VERY loud shoegaze and dreampop bands), even with my lower wattage (i think maybe 400w RMS?) handling Acoustic 6x10 from the 70's.

My issue is that, when bridged, my amp puts out 700W @8ohms and 1100W @4 ohms, so I either need a cab with the usual power rating of a 4 or a 4 ohm with a higher power rating than normal.

The Behringer quote worries me slightly, any idea if that was the old or the new stuff? Was it from a reliable source?

I have found a SWR that fits the bill, but I'm still trying to look around and find more options.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by gilly_90
My issue is that, when bridged, my amp puts out 700W @8ohms and 1100W @4 ohms, so I either need a cab with the usual power rating of a 4 or a 4 ohm with a higher power rating than normal.

The Behringer quote worries me slightly, any idea if that was the old or the new stuff? Was it from a reliable source?

I have found a SWR that fits the bill, but I'm still trying to look around and find more options.

Ah i gotcha... what head is it? You could look up cab pairings other people use with that head.

I wouldn't give the Behringer quote much worry... it was in regards to a head, not a cab, and it was from 2006. It's as reliable as any info on the site that rhymes with "Walk Face"

I HAVE heard great things about SWR in general, though. Is it the SWR Goliath Sr.? Thoughts are pretty highly regarded, and mentioned in the same breath as the Berg, pretty regularly.
Quote by Din of Win
Ah i gotcha... what head is it? You could look up cab pairings other people use with that head.

Hartke LH1000. People usually use the Hydrive cabs as far as I've seen, but they don't really appeal to me and they don't come in the right config either.

My issue is that I want something bigger than a 4x10, 1x15 or 2x12 and 1 2x15 or 8x10 is a bit big. So I either want a 6x10 or a 4x12.

I wouldn't give the Behringer quote much worry... it was in regards to a head, not a cab, and it was from 2006. It's as reliable as any info on the site that rhymes with "Walk Face"

Ah, the famous 'walk face' site
So it'll be an old one then, that makes me feel a little better.

I HAVE heard great things about SWR in general, though. Is it the SWR Goliath Sr.? Thoughts are pretty highly regarded, and mentioned in the same breath as the Berg, pretty regularly.

Yeah, that's the one. It's also 1200W at 4 Ohms and is slightly cheaper than the Vase. I'm completely ignorant to the tonal differences between the two, however so I couldn't really choose.
The vase look better but I'm not going to base nearly $2000 on which one look better.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

if they haven't emailed you back, do they have a phone number?

If it costs money, I think my home phone is on an international plan cause my uncle lives in asia, I could call them with a list of questions you write out. If I do in fact that is.