Obscura, Cynic, any Death album that Steve DiGiorgio is on. Those are the ones that come to mind immediately, I'm sure there's a whole lot more.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If you're looking for some serious bass action, check out a lot of technical or melodic death metal bands.
Necrophagist, Obscura, Cannibal Corpse, Augury, The Black Dahlia Murder, Animosity, Beneath the Massacre, etc.

The list can go on forever haha.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Lamb of God, Pantera
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I use some pretty cool bass lines in my band =D Listen to some BTBAM though. Some cool stuff there.
NO NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
BtBaM, Mudvayne, Obscura, The Faceless, Necrophagist, Tesseract, Protest the Hero, some All Shall Perish and Opeth have cool bass parts as well.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
BtBaM, Mudvayne, Obscura, The Faceless, Necrophagist, Tesseract, Protest the Hero, some All Shall Perish and Opeth have cool bass parts as well.

Somehow I totally forgot about Mudvayne; they have some of the grooviest basslines known to man, in my opinion haha.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Sleep, Electric Wizard, early Black Sabbath. Doom metal bands use so much bass it's almost obscene.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Son Of Aurelius

This band never gets mentioned but they are all amazing musicians and the bass does come through the mix.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by Cowless
Yeah these are great and everything, but Iron ****ing Maiden.

This, it uses so much bass, apparently Harris likes to put himself high into the mix.

Sheehan's playing with Mr. Big is pretty prominent, and his solo work is all about the bass.

Some songs by Megadeth and Anthrax have quite a bit of bass fills and solos - Skeletons in the Closet, Five Magics, Chosen Ones, Poison was the Cure, Lone Justice and Caught in a Mosh come to mind.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by Mr.Cuddles

Out of the lot, Mudvayne is my choice every time. Ryan's lines seem more musical to me than some of the others that just seem to be technical for technicalty's sake.
Quote by CJ Noble
Sleep, Electric Wizard, early Black Sabbath

The Holy Trinity
I'm just gonna second Black Dahlia and Cannibal Corpse. Those killed my plucking hand for weeks, but it was so damn worth it.
modes are a social construct
Mastodon, Between the Buried and Me, Augury, and I like Machine Heads bass lines, though, they aren't that technical of difficult, but that doesn't mean they aren't good.

Edit:
Crap, I forgot Intronaut and Revocation!
The metric system, bro, the metric system.
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
Have sex to Colors. Warning: You may never feel as epic ever again.
Cannibal Corpse, Obscura, Sadus, Nile, Iron Maiden, and Pestilence are a few that come to mind.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
No one mentioned that goof Cliff Burton. I'm both shocked and pleased.

Because his basslines are much less prominent due to his tone and him being buried in the mix. And the title says bands, nowadays Metallica doesn't have prominent bass most of the time
Professional lurker since 2009.