Now i know everyone is always super hard for the 6505+'s and its a great amp i'd love to own one but ive heard great things about engl's specifacly the engl savage, i know within the ruins used it to record creature and it sounds f-ing awesome. My main playing style is metal but i like to dilly dally with less heavy things like cky, rhcp, blink, softer stuff to impress the ladies you know ? Ive played the 6505 yes i like it, however i found a used savage head for 1500, what are you opinons on this head because i'd love to have something that sounds brutal as hell but is able to tone down if i want to, and hell it stands out too amoungest all the metal bands using 6505 (im in a tech deathcore band) itd be great to have something that everyone doesnt have. and im willing to spend the extra 300 on a used savage than a new 6505+ providing its worth it. basically how does the savage stack up to the 6505 in terms of metal and versatility? Oh and i havent had the oppertunity to play an engl snice all my local shops have none, GC doesnt have one, and i dont know anyone with one, id kill to play it though.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
you need something like a dual recto for a deathcore band and blink 182 kinda stuff but since you added technical to it....
savage is a great amp but not my type you can get savage'y kinda tones out of e530 preamp
and if you liked a 6505 get an engl invader ****s the shit out of 6505 i would take in invader over a savage an a 6505 anyday
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
hmm now you got me thinking, i really wish there was somewhere i could try these amps out at. I wish guitar center just had a room with every amp ever made in it that you could try lol. Listening to them on youtube does them no justice imo. The blink stuff is'nt a big deal at all like i said i just dilly dally into it from time to time with a shitty guitar and accoustic
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
i haven't tried the savage (or the invader), but if the savage is anything like my savage se it'd be worth considering. Probably a fair bit more versatile than a 6505.

Though in the US they're not the best value, some other homegrown stuff might be a better call if you're in the US, unless the engls are the only thing that do the sound in your head. Fryette, for example.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried the savage (or the invader), but if the savage is anything like my savage se it'd be worth considering. Probably a fair bit more versatile than a 6505.

Though in the US they're not the best value, some other homegrown stuff might be a better call if you're in the US, unless the engls are the only thing that do the sound in your head. Fryette, for example.

Savage se? ive never heard of that. Yeah new engls here are definately not in my price range haha but i found a used savage that was affordable enough for me to survive and recover from. I dont have no 2500 to drop on a savage or 2800 on an invader! lol. id love to have one tho which is why i stopped by to ask these questions.

Yeah i like that homegrown stuff...as long its still dank ahaha
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
yeah the savage se is an older model, it was the precursor to the SE.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?