What would your reasons for deleting the book be? I just deleted mine.

Page 1 of 2
Yeah a thread about facebook again, kind of different though. I deactivated my account yesterday for the following reasons:

In no particular order
-Recent chain statuses showing everyones' fake sympathy and how easily shaped people can be. Remeber Smh?
-Constantly seeing things like the above and other news feed comments/statuses that I couldn't stand anymore.
-A lot of my fb friends just use it to show off how cool they are for getting plastered on the weekends and it is annoying
-Whenever i logged into Facebook i got upset somehow. If you don't like the picture of youself then don't tag/put it on the internet!
-I do not have 600 and something friends IRL. Facebook is making me live a lie.
-Facebook (and Google) are starting to know to much about me and it is creeping me out.
-Facebook is keeping everything that is wrong with our generation going. Everyone is too interested in themselves and worry to mouch what others think. No more actual human contact
-All these changes. Now it is just getting difficult to use.
-It dictates what is cool. If you do not have tons of fb friends (people you barely even know in IRL), pictures, or notifications then you must not be that cool.
-I wasted too much time doing barely anything on this but trying to boost their ego/watch others boost my ego
-There are more reasons but this should be good enough.

Great thing about FB that made it hard to deactiviate: An amazing way of making plans/keeping in touch.

So what would your reasons be to delete/deactivate Facebook?

Inb4- "who cares" "brool story co" "comment about my grammar" "TS is so cool for deleting facebook sarcastic remark"
I would never delete facebook, probably due to the fact that it has helped me get in touch with long lost friends and family.
I'm considering deactivating for a while once the timeline comes out. I don't want to go through 6+ years of statuses/comments/photos and change all their settings.

edit: apart from this, I don't really have anything against it. It's a great way to keep in touch with people and minor annoyances are easily ignored.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Sep 28, 2011,
I never had one to begin with because it's awful
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't let fb dominate my life. I mostly use it keep in contact with friends now ive moved away.
Quote by WCPhils

Good for you man. I'm gonna have to learn how to make plans again over the phone. This is the only thing that worries me.
I've found that facebook is only good if you have interesting and funny friends.

So that's why I'm never on it.
I probably wouldn't, seeing as I'm not a little bitch.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Dirge Humani
Hurr durr im hip and edgy because i dont have a facebook look at me

I already "inb4ed" that.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Hurr durr im hip and edgy because i dont have a facebook look at me

Why yes, I am hip and edgy. Thanks for noticing.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't know. If they asked me to pay I'd leave in an instant. I've been thinking of going out for a brief period of time and just see how I cope without it. Would be a bit hard to arrange stuff with people I know vaguely but I guess I'd manage just fine. It's just an easy thing to use really.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 28, 2011,
I don't see what everyone bitches about. I use it to keep in contact with my friends, yeah, there's people joining countless groups and stuff but it's not that hard to ignore it. Plus, anyone who plays any of the games on there, I just hide the game so I don't get anything spamming my wall up. I only have my friends on there and that's about 57 people, all of which I talk to and see regularly.
A bunch of mindless followers trying so desperately to fit in it's pathetic is all I see on there nowadays. They're also dumb as shit.

I like to facepalm before lol'ing at them, makes me feel superior.
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
^ yeah I almost only did a mass delete and just kept my actual friends. Idk, i just said screw it though and deleted it.
Never had one and never will.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

The only thing I don't get about facebook is when people decide to contact each other about stuff but don't use the message thing, they use the walls. It's highly annoying.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by PowerOfGlove
A bunch of mindless followers trying so desperately to fit in it's pathetic is all I see on there nowadays. They're also dumb as shit.

Good on you, Rorschach.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by padgea7x
The only thing I don't get about facebook is when people decide to contact each other about stuff but don't use the message thing, they use the walls. It's highly annoying.

OR, when X sends Y a post on his wall, then Y replies on X's wall. JUST USE THE FUCKIN' COMMENTS SECTION DAAAAAAMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!!!
Quote by PowerOfGlove

Awesome guy is awesome.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
This is why you delete people that annoy you..? I use Facebook daily, I have 192 friends on there, cut down from 700 and yes, I talk to the majority of them rather regularly.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Since I have friends scattered all over this country, Belgium, Germany and other places I do think facebook is a good thing.
Quote by Trowzaa
This is why you delete people that annoy you..? I use Facebook daily, I have 192 friends on there, cut down from 700 and yes, I talk to the majority of them rather regularly.

How long did that take? I need to do this sometime
cat
I've got to say that it is wierd without one after having one for 5 years. Although I feel a nice calm no BS feeling. I like it.
Quote by guitarxo
How long did that take? I need to do this sometime

Way longer than it should have About an hour I reckon, the hardest part was the few people that I didn't actually mind but I never talked to, do I get them cos they're decent people or delete them cos we'll never talk? Conundrum. I deleted them

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
OR, when X sends Y a post on his wall, then Y replies on X's wall. JUST USE THE FUCKIN' COMMENTS SECTION DAAAAAAMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!!!

I concur.

I also don't get why people make another account, and then tell people to add it instead of them just adding who they want.

And when people put statuses that about something but then refuse to talk about it when someone asks what's wrong and such.

I wouldn't delete Facebook though, when I run out of texts I just message people on Facebook.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by padgea7x
I concur.

I also don't get why people make another account, and then tell people to add it instead of them just adding who they want.

And when people put statuses that about something but then refuse to talk about it when someone asks what's wrong and such.

I wouldn't delete Facebook though, when I run out of texts I just message people on Facebook.

X: HD SCH A BAD DAIIY1!11111one!1
Y: What happened?
X: I DNT WANNA TLK ABWT IT!!!1!!

Quote by Trowzaa
X: HD SCH A BAD DAIIY1!11111one!1
Y: What happened?
X: I DNT WANNA TLK ABWT IT!!!1!!

THere was one guy who would always do something like that.
instead of crying about it, I just a few days ago, deleted like 300 of my friends that I dont talk to, and do not really care about. I kept the people that support me and/or make funny statuses or anything of the sort.

End result: nothing to bitch about when it comes to facebook. It's not the site that sucks, it's the people on it and how they use it.
Quote by Eddie4President
You are amazing. The fact that you have paramore next to disturbed shows how awesome you are.
Here, an awesome medal. It's made out of awesomnite.
:extends medal:

Quote by Fallen_Seeker
Thank you!
I would give you an awesome metal, but
I can't find any awesomnite.
Probably because it's just a constant fecal waterfall dripping everyone's mundane, boring bullshit onto my computer screen.

Remember a time when you didn't care or want to know about when Fran made two dozen muffins and oh she's just so tired she has to have a glass of wine and watch Days of our Lives?

Me too. I want that time back.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by greekboy slim
instead of crying about it, I just a few days ago, deleted like 300 of my friends that I dont talk to, and do not really care about. I kept the people that support me and/or make funny statuses or anything of the sort.

End result: nothing to bitch about when it comes to facebook. It's not the site that sucks, it's the people on it and how they use it.

I disagree. Facebook is a great way of keeping in touch like i said, but I really think that the way it is designed just feeds into the users egos. It is set up so that it kind of pushes the idea on the user that they need to do x and y to be cool. Thus creatng a generation of self absorbed dipshits.
Quote by strat0blaster
Probably because it's just a constant fecal waterfall dripping everyone's mundane, boring bullshit onto my computer screen.

Remember a time when you didn't care or want to know about when Fran made two dozen muffins and oh she's just so tired she has to have a glass of wine and watch Days of our Lives?

Me too. I want that time back.

You can have that time back by like, not clicking the link to facebook.

Act like it's mandatory that you have to browse it when it's not.

Then complain?

LOL

People are always self absorbed. Facebook just gives most an easy place to broadcast it.
I don't really delete people unless I just can't stand them. Usually I just block them.

If I can't read your nonsense status, blocked.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Unlike some geniuses here, I just keep in touch with people who are worth keeping in touch with. There is also a magical delete button that you can use to maintain a bullshit free network.

Let's face it, deep down inside you do care about those inane details. Either admit to yourself and shut up or actually do something about it. Either way you don't need to announce to the world how much you hate Facebook and your "friends", much like how you claim you don't need to know what they just ate for lunch.
I deleted mine because I got annoyed with relatives/friends airing their dirty laundry on FB for everyone to see. My cousin and his fiance split at the end of last year, and they would always post crappy things about their relationship. Instead of being adults and working things out between themselves, they chose to post everything and leave it out in the open. There are other reasons why I deleted it, but that was the main one. I hated how people chose to bitch about their problems on facebook, instead of dealing with them.
Quote by WCPhils

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Page 1 of 2