Hey guys,
I'm probably going to get a Peavey 6505+ head sometime soon, and I was wondering which cab to get. As far as I know, the more speakers it has, the louder it is, right? So a 4x12 cab would be way louder than a 2x12?

I was looking at this bad boy right here: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/bugera-212v-bk-2x12-guitar-speaker-cabinet/502587000001306

It says it can handle 140 watts of power or something like that, but I'm not really sure what to look for--I don't want anything to explode if I turn it up too loud lol. I'm looking for something that wouldn't be overwhelmingly loud, but could be loud enough for gigging in the future. Would a 2x12 work? I'm a noob so I don't really know what to look for, any help?
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
A 4x12 is not technically louder than a 2x12, it's just the 4x12 pushes more air, thus making it sound louder.

I would really look into Avatar cabs, much better build than Bulgera, but that cab would work, the amp is 120 watts I believe and the cab is 140, so you should be ok with that set up.
A better quality 2x12>cheap 4x12. The 2x12 will sound better and be more than loud enough.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by ethan_hanus
A 4x12 is not technically louder than a 2x12, it's just the 4x12 pushes more air, thus making it sound louder.

I would really look into Avatar cabs, much better build than Bulgera, but that cab would work, the amp is 120 watts I believe and the cab is 140, so you should be ok with that set up.

Ok cool thanks. I've seen a few people recommend the avatar cabs, I'll look into them for sure
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112