Is it possible?
I bought a Luna electroacoustic that has the bridge piezo pickup, but as you can imagine the tone isn't that great.

I'm trying to get the best of both worlds, can anybody help me out?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Well, I have an old Framus hollowbody that is nearly as loud as my acoustic when it's unplugged. Doesn't really have that proper acousticy tone though.

If I'm playing live/with my band, then I use my Fender CD-60CE electro-acoustic. It's great for acoustic tones even when plugged in. You just have to fiddle a bit with the preamp settings.
Damn well thats what im wondering, I bought it because I loved the way it resonated, but it's kind of a lot to spend on my first acoustic. $400.

I was thinking one of the Gretsch electromatics
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
Is it possible?
I bought a Luna electroacoustic that has the bridge piezo pickup, but as you can imagine the tone isn't that great.

I'm trying to get the best of both worlds, can anybody help me out?

a friend of mine just bought one of these, they rock
http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/electric/Models/T5/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dH1WUS3Fjk
edit: was writing my post when you 2 posted and just seen your price point.
Quote by AcousticMirror
taylor t5.

yay! +1

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011

I only spend $400 on this guitar.

and the Gretsch electromatics are $800

Any other suggestions?
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Sep 28, 2011,
Quote by SKArface McDank

I only spend $400 on this guitar.

and the Gretsch electromatics are $800

Any other suggestions?

oh so $1,200 for a used taylor is a no too?

not sure but if you only have $400, you might want to just pick up an acoustic.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Unplugged? No. There's a few old big jazz boxes that sound close to an acoustic unplugged but they also are very limited as far as being an electric goes and few builders still make such things and vintage ones cost well into five figures.

Amplified? Almost any hollow, semi-hollow or heavily chambered guitar with a good quality piezo pickup and preamp will do it. Ghost make the most realistic sounding one. Fishman piezos come stock on several Fender guitars although they don't include the right kind of preamp to make them sound like an acoustic. The Epiphone Les Paul Ultra 2 and 3 have a shadowmag piezo an acoustic preamp that does a very good job of sounding like an acoustic when you run it through an acoustic amp but it doesn't sound very good when you put it through an electric guitar amp. Fender do the Acoustasonic Telecaster which sounds very close to an acoustic and has an acoustic bridge and is meant to use acoustic strings, but for the electric side it only has one Tele neck pickup and the acoustic part really needs an acoustic amp to sound good.