Im trying t get more views/subs on youtube, this thread is for us all to share our ideas on how to get more, im trying to diversify at the moment, by putting a bit of everything on, tutorials, covers and originals, whats your idea?
What difference would it make?
If you are one of those who want pointless subs, try to "sub for sub".
And for meaningless views, go annoy people with posting links everywhere.
Hope it makes you feel better about yourself.

BUT, if you want to do it the real way, you have to simply make awesome videos. Get awesome on mixing and recording and you're close. Play well and be different than all the boring people using webcam to record video, they're boring. Also, be funny.
Good luck.
Google have loads of tips on their youtube help stuff. Aside from that, consistently make good vids, use your insight data, try to get ahead of trends. Upload really good covers of tunes just as they get released, etc.

And I don't really think this belongs here but I can't think where it really should go.
Quote by Gordy12
Im trying t get more views/subs on youtube, this thread is for us all to share our ideas on how to get more, im trying to diversify at the moment, by putting a bit of everything on, tutorials, covers and originals, whats your idea?

Just make something cool. if people like it they'll sub.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Gordy12

go to 4chan.org and post the video flaming yourself. say somthing like "this guy thinks hes so cool and thinks hes so good at guitar... bla bla bla, hes a homo and he sits around the quad all day playing guitar trying to pick up girls." ask for everyone to flame the youtube videos and say u suck and call you gay.

usually what happens is everyone turns on person originally posting and everyone will view it and say u are awesome and sound great and do a great job and they love your music. dont believe me? try it with someone elses youtube. u will see.
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
Thats cheating
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Just do covers. And that's about it.

One day you may realise that youtube views do not equal devoted fanbase. I have a video that has a little over 125,000 views, and I haven't scored any gigs/label attention as a result.

Although one interesting thing happened. I did a cover of a Lior (Australian singer-songwriter) song with a singer, and she went to his gig. His manager recognised her from the youtube video when she was lining up and asked her to come backstage. There she talked to the artist where he said he really enjoyed the video. And that's about it.

Cooler than the average youtube story I reckon
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud