hey guys I have a Dilemma, I can't seem to find the " perfect" guitar pick.
I Really like the Big stubby 3.00 MM ( well the biggest thickest big stubby pick)
I also really like the Jazz 3 picks, But the problems I have with the big stubby is that its a little harder to do some certain solo and shredding things that require a lot of Accuracy . But I do Love that I can hit the strings harder.
The jazz 3 picks are really good but not super great for chugging plus you have to re-Grip your pick a lot more than in the big stubby.

Ive used a lot of picks over the years, all the dunlop, Alligator, Metal, Jazz picks I could find but none are that the perfect pick.

Do any of you guys know any picks a little bigger than the jazz 3 picks with a better grip than the jazz with a sharp tip that doesn't go dull fast. Thats thick and good for chugging ( like slipknot)
what a loser

i pick with my manliness
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
hurr durr PERSONAL OPINIONS.

Also: the dunlop tortex sharp ones are best.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at Sep 28, 2011,
You might want to ask Electric Guitar or Guitar Gear and Accessories.

*reported*
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
I use Jim Dunlop Ultex Jazz III and I guess about 2 mm. Really nice for those shred licks because their really thick, giving a nice phat sound, and are hard and small (be mature bout this now guys) so you can really get some speed outta' them.

Just an opinion
The guitar has been my best friend since I was 9 years old. I have spent more time with my instrument than any human being.
Use the little stubbys - they're the same size as the jazz iii but are in the three stubby sizes of 1, 2 or 3 mm. They are by far my favourite pick
Quote by MetalNova
I use Jim Dunlop Ultex Jazz III and I guess about 2 mm. Really nice for those shred licks because their really thick, giving a nice phat sound, and are hard and small (be mature bout this now guys) so you can really get some speed outta' them.

Just an opinion

I agree. You might just need to improve your picking technique though, TS. Iv'e got no problems using Jazz IIIs for anything.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came

I love my Big Stubby. I used to play with extremely thin picks. I started out with nylon Dunlop .63, and I liked that for a while. Then I lost them. I decided I wanted really really thin, so I got a 0.27 A friend gave me a Jazz III, which started getting me into thicker picks. I lost the 0.27(Thank god) and got some bright green picks that had this rough surface to hold so it didn't slip. I was stuck on those for a while when I got my first Stubby!

I remember some really odd things.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
****!! Ninja'd

You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
to the person that posted that pic of my tooth could you please PM me so I can have you send it to me I really need it because eating is very difficult without it thank you.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Have you tried almonds? Or maybe a tire iron would work better?
▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■
Quote by laid-to-waste
what a loser

i pick with my manliness

Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Dunlop Ultex. Best picks ever.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
1.14 Tortex. Thin enough that they're maneuverable, thick enough that they don't plink - as the saying goes, if it plinks, it stinks. Wide enough to be easy to use, narrow enough to be precise.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Jazz III for me. Just buy a lot of them and you'll always have a sharp one
I don't always use a pick, but when I do, I use Dunlop Jazz III's.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
It's The Piiiiick Of Destiny! You Know It Will Be Rockin Cause Its ****ing Insane!!!
Protip: Jazz IIIs suck dick

Dunlop Tortex .88s ftw
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I dislike Jazz III's, but everyone has their own preferences.

My favorite picks are Brain picks by Snarling dogs, they are nylon and have a grip on them that feels like sand paper. Come in a large variety of pick gauges, always feel like home to me.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410