So I know it's my first thread but yes, let's skip the part where I am the new person in GG&A.

So I was going through gumtree(South Africa's craigslist thing) and I saw a BOSS Turbo-Distortion for R300(around 32$). I am a huge John Frusciante fan and so I was interrested imidiatly.

I started comunicating with the guy and arranged a meet. I plugged it into My Cub 12R and it was sold. I know why JF has had one all his career. It's a very unique sound it produces.

So the sound being unique is due to the mids being boosted. I liked the sounds I got from the amount of time I played it. I hooked it up with a VOX 845 and it was schweet.

It is second hand, the previous owner had it for two years. There are signs of wear but it's only cosmetic. I will gig without a spare but I do run two different distortions now so that's the only reason. The orange colour is also looking as if it had seen many gigs and pedalboards but it's only cosmetics as I said.

If this pedal was stollen I would try to get a new one. I really like this pedal and I would like to see it on my board for a while. I might even mod it one day and see how I like it then.

Hope this will suffice to the New Gear Day requirments.
Attachments:
DS-2.jpg
very cool
HNPD
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
HNBPD
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last I checked, the exchange rate Rand to Dollars was 7 to 1, so it's closer to 40 bucks. Still, good find, HNPD, and welcome to UG!

P.S. You have no idea how hard it is to find decent dröewors or biltong in the States, or how absurdly expensive it is when you do. Consider yourself very, very lucky.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Last I checked, the exchange rate Rand to Dollars was 7 to 1, so it's closer to 40 bucks. Still, good find, HNPD, and welcome to UG!

P.S. You have no idea how hard it is to find decent dröewors or biltong in the States, or how absurdly expensive it is when you do. Consider yourself very, very lucky.

I can believe that it would be super expensive, it's like finding jerky in South Africa I guess. Damn import rates! You just made me lus for some droewors.
I'll put up some clips as soon as I create a youtube account and try to get some software to put some clips on.

Might be tomorrow. I've got a free week, whoop!
Quote by DaveGrohlfan
I can believe that it would be super expensive, it's like finding jerky in South Africa I guess. Damn import rates! You just made me lus for some droewors.

I'm not even talking about imported stuff - I once found out the hard and painful way that customs does not take kindly to importing meat, and no, they won't let you just eat it at the airport. I have to settle for American grown and produced beef, which is FAR below the quality of what you can get, and costs around r200 per kilo (rough guess - my family pays for it, and I didn't feel like asking them and then converting from $/pounds). We buy in 1-pound bags, and they last about 6 days each. So yes, expensive.

Still, I think I've found somewhere that mostly gets it right... *runs to go grab some droewors from the fridge*

EDIT: In the future, it's probably a good idea to note that the mods don't look kindly on double posts.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Sep 29, 2011,