Just wanted to get some opinions and advice. I started learning guitar about 4 months ago. My church asked me to play in concert in two weeks. I have about 3 songs to learn, pretty simple right? I'm a little worried and just wanted to know what you think of it?
Build a time machine!

You can spend your whole life building the time machine and practice the songs here and there, once you've mastered them go back to when the concert is being held and play like a pro!
Practice them until you can play them well.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Are you playing electric or acoustic? Cuz if you're only playing chords for worship songs, it's not gonna be that tough with practice.

3 songs in 2 weeks shouldn't be too hard, but I'm not sure as to where your skill levels at. Like Banjocal said, just keep practicing!
Quote by ikitson
Build a time machine!

You can spend your whole life building the time machine and practice the songs here and there, once you've mastered them go back to when the concert is being held and play like a pro!

WILD STALLIONS!!!!
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Practise a lot and a lot and you'll surely be fine. If you feel nervous or insecure, practise more.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Worship is pretty simple usually so don't fret it. Two weeks is plenty of time, just practice some everyday. Worst case scenario you can just bring the chord sheets with you and put them up on a music stand to help you out.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
When you practice the songs make sure you're paying attention and not just practicing mindlessly
On stage you wont be playing mindlessly, so if you practice that way you have a much higher chance of forgetting everything when you think too hard
Just practice them until you can play them all with your eyes closed, that way you won't panic or anything when you get up there. Which songs are they?

Also, electric or acoustic?
Check out my fitness blog here
I think what you need is a new amp.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
As others have said, church music is usually really easy to play, mostly open chords from what I've seen. 2 weeks for that style should be plenty, no matter how inexperienced the player may be. Just don't forget to play every day!

Here's some advice. If you don't know the minor pentatonic scale, learn it (lessons on it are EVERYWHERE, here and youtube will have plenty). Play it over the songs you have to learn, and try to make some cool solos. Be sure to be aware of the chords you are playing over! Don't worry about doing anything too flashy. Playing over a song WILL help you learn it. If you feel ready in 2 weeks, see if you can arrange to take a few solos at the show. Should be a nice lil' confidence boost if it works out .
Guitars:
-Agile Interceptor Pro 7-string
-PRS SE Standard

Amps:
-Bugera 6262 2x12 combo
-B-52 AT-100

Pedals (rarely used):
-Digitech Whammy
-BBE Green Screamer OD
-Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah

Home made cabinets and cables
Last edited by J☺e at Sep 28, 2011,
New amp... You need a new amp !

Seriously practice a lot and minimum of 2-3 hours a day and maybe get lessons
Have you run your fingers down the wall...

And have you felt your neck skin crawl...
When you're searching for the light ?
Thanks for the amazing response guys! I play electric guitar, a jagmaster. Here's the song list:
Counting on God
Second Chance
How He Loves
First two are HillsongUnited and the last is David Crowder I think.
I think you should quit wasting your god damn time (see what I did there?) and start practicing.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Worship music is fairly simple. My band and I just learned Our God and The Stand in less than a week, so it's doable. Also, learn the major scale if you don't already, that sucker is everywhere in CCM.
I pride myself on my humility.