Just wondering....if i put acoustic guitar strings on my electric....would it sound good even with distortion? xD
Why would you do that?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Give it a try. I put electric strings on my acoustic and it sounds fine. I'm not a fan of the sound of acoustic strings so I'd never put them on my electric, but if you want to, go ahead.
Quote by kutless999
Why would you do that?

Because i want to know what it would sound like
Quote by Brad_Bassist
Give it a try. I put electric strings on my acoustic and it sounds fine. I'm not a fan of the sound of acoustic strings so I'd never put them on my electric, but if you want to, go ahead.

My friend did that too, I just felt like every bit of tone left the guitar when he did that.
If the only reason you want to do it is to find out what it sounds like then it seems the only way for you to know is to try it. Why do you need a thread about it?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Because acoustic strings are bronze, they are less magnetics giving a much lower output and warmer/darker tone
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by bluestratplayer
If the only reason you want to do it is to find out what it sounds like then it seems the only way for you to know is to try it. Why do you need a thread about it?

Because i'm sure it's been done before and there's people who may or may not give me a reason about why it should or shouldn't be tried so that i don't go and waste my money
Well electric guitar strings are made with different materials than acoustic, so that they are magnetic and the pickups can do their job. Obviously Nylon strings wouldn't work, I'm not sure brass strings would either, if they did i would think they would be really dull sounding
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"