Just wondering if any of you folks have tried the 'soundhole' thingy for your flatop guitar?? does it improve sound in any way? is it worth the investment $30 or so??? any thoughts would be appreciated.
its meant to stop feedback awhile playing through an amp at high volumes. how it will affect tones though.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by smokeynichol
Just wondering if any of you folks have tried the 'soundhole' thingy for your flatop guitar?? does it improve sound in any way? is it worth the investment $30 or so??? any thoughts would be appreciated.
The guitar's sound hole is actually put there on purpose, to let to sound waves out.

As above, these thing's are only used for live performance to prevent feedback. You could have a Planet Waves, "Screeching Halt" sound hole cover for about 7 bucks.

The only conceivable use I can think of for one of these at home, would be killing the guitar's output, to prevent annoying the family while you're practicing....

It shouldn't be considered in the same category as a mute for a trombone. those should actually be considered a wah, wah pedal for trombones
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 29, 2011,
Mine works amazingly for reducing feedback and I think it sounds clearer when plugged in, just be aware that when playing unplugged you loose allot of volume, especially bass, and the guitar generally doesn't sound quite as good, although far from unplayable, pretty perfect for practicing without pissing everybody off with the bass.
Feedback Buster, think they're labelled as martin but I don't think they actually make them, but they're all the same. If you get one be warned it's a tight fit, and you might well think it's too big but it's just real tight.

Last edited by fooby. at Oct 1, 2011,