Right now, I'm trying to write lyrics over the song on my profile called "Black Sun".
Basically it's about someone who forgot who their real friends were and was basically a "social climber" or someone who would do anything to be more popular, rather than being an average joe like his 2 best friends. It's a vent song basically. Anyways, I'm trying to write lyrics over it but i have no "flow" at all, so my lyric writing abilities are poo.

I have some lyrics written over the first verse, but can't the lyrics that i feel tell the story that I want them to. I'm really not sure how to put the write syllables in over the riffs to, but i guess that follows into the whole "flow" or phrasing thing. Help?

I don't want to post the lyrics right away, but I'll do it maybe later.
i dont understand this...what i get is "i have cool music and cool song idea but i cant write lyrics for it that fit the cool music i have"

i will answer based on what infer from that....

One. Listen to your cool song

two . Hum a melody over cool song (record yourself doing this)

three. listen to yourself humming and see if you like melody (if not then do it agian)

four . write a basic plot to your song (begging middle end and stuff you want to mention)

five . Fit words to your humming that go with plot

6.....???

7 receive royalty checks for the rest of your life from your amazing song

that is the best i can give...i am sure there is someone that can give you better advice...but...this is what i do....
I haz gotten gud
Quote by ApatheticMe

One. Listen to your cool song

two . Hum a melody over cool song (record yourself doing this)

three. listen to yourself humming and see if you like melody (if not then do it agian)

five . Fit words to your humming that go with plot

that is the best i can give...i am sure there is someone that can give you better advice...but...this is what i do....

Good advice, as this is more or less what I've been doing for years.
ooh...that there is a problem...could it be that your cool music is maybe to cool?...and that it is already sort of overdone to where adding another melody would mess it up?

if so then...

copy the melody of song...for lyrics....

maybe you should try more....idk...
I haz gotten gud
I think your biggest mistake was naming the song first, you should only name it once you're happy with all the lyrics so that your mind isn't forced to think of only specific things...