i think it's got even more solid state then the last one?

and more digital stuff too.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
And A 12" Speaker. Dont Forget That. It Totally Justifys The Even More Solidstateness Of The Amp.
Don't you guys know that all tone is in the fingers? If it doesn't sound like t00bZ you must have solid state fingers.
Quote by NosralTserrof
$450 is fucking OUTRAGEOUS

lawlz the jet city 20 combo is like 350...

but but the blackstar has all dem options and shit.

ya 25 cents worth of digital effects, switching circuitry for 100 extra dollarz yay!!
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Lol @ this thread. I got my HT5R for really cheap (music store owner connections) and I thought I wouldn't like it due to all the HT-5 hate.

I ****ing love this amp. The 12 inch Blackbird 50 speakers actually sound really good. Infinitely better than the 10'' 'Celestions' in the older models. The clean channel isn't mind blowing, but it's definitely good. The Overdrive channel is way better than I thought it would be, too. I don't play "super neive 15 year old brutal metalcore" music, so I don't NEED truckloads of gain, but it's definitely there. Especially with an OD pedal boost. It doesn't SOUND solid state, and it reacts really well to my picking and cleans up with the volume rolled back. The OD channel is also really smooth. Not "ice picky" at all.

I can't really think of anything I'd want to improve on the amp besides the clean channel headroom. And even that isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Unless you have the volume on 9 or 10, it stays clean.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Last edited by Ayses at Sep 28, 2011,
I hate my vypyr and can only buy from Sweetwater. what are my options that can play hard rock and maybe some metal without a pedal?

I can only buy from sweetwater because I have credit there.
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
^ Yeah I hated my Vypyr too. That's why I got the HT-5r. It's infinitely, INFINITELY, better.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst