I am seriously fed up with my high school(Crazy, I know) and I want to get my GED. Everyone I talk to(Who have no hiring experience and haven't done any research) tell me that I wont be able to find a job with it, but I hear alot if good stories about it online. If you have nothing better to say that"Finish highschool, it's not that hard herpaderp", please don't even bother replying
if you know the right people you don't have to have an education...

my dad is now a co-owner of a multi million dollar company with just a high school education (he got connection in the factory he worked, so basically even if he just had a GED this still applies to you).

networking is the biggest thing when it comes to getting a job i have heard that roughly 80% of positions available in the workplace are not advertised.

...but seriously i about dropped out of high school myself...its just teen angst...the truth is a lot of people i know who dropped out of high school are just irresponsible and that is why they don't have jobs. they are "too good" to work ad McDonalds and to lazy to do any hard factory work. so if your not lazy you can make it work. your just taking the harder route.
Last edited by FireHawk at Sep 28, 2011,
You could do it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. However, It would be a hell of a lot harder to land a steady good job with just the GED. Stay in school man.

College, on the other hand, isn't neccessary for everyone.
a high school education is the minimum educational requirement expected of you. if you do not meet this requirement, employers will rate you less highly when hiring. you dont 'need' a college education, but a GED always looks bad on a resume.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
FireHawk is right. A college degree only increases your chances of finding a job. It definitely doesn't guarantee you a job, especially in the current economy. I know plenty of people who have graduated with a college degree and have had tons of trouble landing a job. Networking is extremely important and is great if you know people in high places, otherwise it sucks.
What are your problems/issues with your current high school? Can you elaborate a little more on your reasons for wanting to get a GED?
Get a GED, I'm competing with you for a job maybe, may as well make my life easier.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
If you can't even do high school then you're going to fail so badly at an actual job. Just give up on life now.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Maidenallica is probably hanging himself right now.

One less bitchy little teenager who felt education was worthless and below him.

Pisses me off to no end how much further into the shitter the generations get.
Quote by goest

An education less fortunate others might kill to have. People don't realized how privileged they are.
Quote by goest

He's probably just one of those uber cool teen rebels who thinks that being successful in school is for nerds.
I'm not going to lie. I finished high school, but I've met quite a few people who are doing okay for themselves with a GED. Working in the automotive business, I've met more than a few mechanics who are doing very well even though they dropped out of high school. What do you think those people you hear about who turn their lives around later in life do? They get their GED, go to college, and get that job counseling homeless kids on the streets of Memphis or whatever.

But the way I see it, if you're like, a junior or whatever, you may as well finish it. I mean, this is America, it's not exactly hard to bullshit your way through public high school.
Last edited by CaptDin at Sep 28, 2011,
Quote by WaterGod
If you can't even do high school then you're going to fail so badly at an actual job. Just give up on life now.

Trolling or do you believe that?
Quote by genghisgandhi
Yeah, as if there weren't always people like this.

Read the last part.

I never said other generations didn't have the same problem. I'm speaking for the years that I've been alive. I've noticed each graduating year get worse than the last.
At my previous job I was the hiring and firing authority. I would never hire somebody that has a GED. A GED is a notice that you can't get along with either authority figures or peers.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by goest
I never said other generations didn't have the same problem. I'm speaking for the years that I've been alive. I've noticed each graduating year get worse than the last.

i think everyone always feels that way though
Quote by FireHawk
i think everyone always feels that way though

Probably.

Maybe I'm just becoming senile....
Quote by WaterGod
He's probably just one of those uber cool teen rebels who thinks that being successful in school is for nerds.

Or maybe he's just unhappy in high school? I totally get it. I mean, I hated high school. I mean, I ****ing despised every last second of it. But like I said, if he's far enough along as it is he may as well finish it.

Not everyone's the same, some people may find high school enjoyable and easy, it may not work for others. The educational system is ridiculously antiquated as it is.
As someone who just got a GED last summer, finish high school dumbass. The chances of you finding a job you won't hate and will make enough money at right out high school are slim to none, you don't really want to start that any sooner than you have to. Have you ever even had a job before?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.