Ok, so I tore apart a old 1980's radio looken for some more parts, which I found some interesting stuff, and alot of nastiness. I found a bunch of transistors, a few diodes, and a ton of resistors, mainly 1/4 watt and 1/2 watt. My problem is what are these transistors? I can't find any datasheets on them.

Second, what is that weird red and blue diode looken thing? Exactly.

Third, what's that big red and yellow diode called? Those things snap in two so easily.

Fourth, what's those two gray caps with the three dots? One small dot is black, the other brown, and the big dot is black...I have no clue as to what they are.

I know what the glass looken on is, a germanium diode, soooo happy I found some in this radio, I love em.

The transistor numbers are 7639S, 7516S, 7118S, and 7236S. Every datasheet I pulled up with the number in it turned up to be a IC.

Help a guy out?

Last edited by ethan_hanus at Sep 28, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Ok, so I tore apart a old 1980's radio looken for some more parts, which I found some interesting stuff, and alot of nastiness. I found a bunch of transistors, a few diodes, and a ton of resistors, mainly 1/4 watt and 1/2 watt. My problem is what are these transistors? I can't find any datasheets on them.

Second, what is that weird red and blue diode looken thing? Exactly. Looks like a zener diode. Value 6.1V (?) hard to see the colours

Third, what's that big red and yellow diode called? Those things snap in two so easily.
Appears to be a schottky rectifier

Fourth, what's those two gray caps with the three dots? One small dot is black, the other brown, and the big dot is black...I have no clue as to what they are.

They don't look like caps. They look more like inductors. Most likley 10uH. Have you tried putting an ohm meter across them and measured continuity or looked at the PCB you lifted them from and see if the silk screen designated them as 'L'

I know what the glass looken on is, a germanium diode, soooo happy I found some in this radio, I love em.

The transistor numbers are 7639S, 7516S, 7118S, and 7236S. Every datasheet I pulled up with the number in it turned up to be a IC.

Help a guy out?