I've tried on several occasions to fix the fret buzz on some of my guitars. Long story short, nothing I do works. The problem right now is some very minor fret buzz on the high E string on the 12 -15th frets. I started adjusting the action and kept raising it and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. so

1. Am I just giving up too early, should I just keep raising the action higher?

2. About how long does it take to get results with this? I gave the bridge (floyd rose) at least five full turns. Is that a lot or a little?

3. Should I be going about this a different way? Should I be adjusting the truss rod or something else?

4. I'm assuming it's fret buzz, but I'm not sure. The notes aren't clean and consistent, and have this sort of annoying chime sound (I have 100% no idea how to describe it).
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Quote by xadioriderx
if its fret buzz, and only on those frets, it sounds like the 16th fret on that side may be high. you may need to have them leveled and dressed

I was afraid you'd say that. I also just noticed that the 'buzzing' (it sounds like a lot of chorus, but bad) gets worse as you get closer to the 15th fret, and gets better the higher up you go from there. I can't think of what is causing that.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!