Page 1 of 2
....tough to give a fuck in certain situations?

I know I do. I'm not trying to sound "cool" or anything, it really kinda concerns me.

Sometimes at work when certain things happen or certain situations arise (I'm a customer service rep, by the way) I find myself unable to give a shit about anything being said or done.

My friends or family say things to me at times and even though I feel like I should care, I just cannot.

Things I see on TV, major events that happen, etc...they just don't do it for me.

Am I alone?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
You're not alone. Most people overreact to things...making it a bigger deal then it really is.
Last edited by bobthebum16 at Sep 29, 2011,
Way to be man, let all the pointless worry go.

The things people get most worked up about are the same old things that have been happening forever--it's just not worth caring.

I think I'm pretty good at evaluating how much care is appropriate in a given situation and then not wasting energy on excess concern.
it depends on the severity of the situation and its relation to me or someone i care about.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by bobthebum16
Your not alone. Most people overreact to things...making it a bigger deal then it really is.

I give a fuck about your use of the word "your."
GOD, THIS IRKS ME. YOU ARE RUINING MY NIGHT.
Yeah at work I work in Dairy and Frozen and when I put out milk and I'm getting out late I just say **** THA MILK!!!@@ andf just start throwing that shit on all the shelves then I block frozen foods and **** THE ICE CREAM I don't even like dairy products and some customer put a freaking cheese block near the frozen dinners for old single ladies who are possibly fat and one time I found a freaking pack of gummy bears in the freezer **** life.
No, I am that way too. I just find it hard to give a shit about anything. Libya? Don't give a ****. Saudi Arabia? I don't even know what the **** they're up to. ****in'.... whatever country is in turmoil? Who gives a shit. I only care about what affects my daily life. Couldn't give a shit less about anything else.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
yep. im on the same boat.
bad economy? wars on terror? poverty? drug wars? not a single shit was given those days. i just sit back and enjoy shit. didn't do homework? nah i don't care. did bad on a test? who cares? teacher doesn't like my work habits? who's telling me to change? i just like to live easy and not have to worry about anything so i can just feel good all the time brah.
Quote by Jon777

I think your overreacting...

...is funny.

But, yeah. OT. Um. Yeah, it's hard for me to care about a person's problem when I'm doing customer service. From our end, we hear complaints all day long. It's important to see it from the customer's standpoint, if only for the sake of keeping your job.
There's very little that I actually give a **** about.

Other people's problems does not fall into that category.
Give a shit about positivity not the negative
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
I rarely give a shit about most things. I've become apathetic to all but my greatest interests. Usually I can get whatever needs doing done, mind you.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Nobody's made a "this thread" joke yet?

The pit's angst deepens...
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
i get this so much.

people say that its a sign of depression but im not sad or anything i just cant like, emotionally connect with some things...
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Quote by Philip_pepper
Well this is awkward.

I'm taking a shiiiit right now.

Whilst typing? Ew.

That must be why they call it 'sticky keys'
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
omfg u guise are soooooooooooooo00o00o000o00o0oo0o0o0o00o0o0 apathetic so k00l.

I get home some nights with an aching jaw because I've been fake-laughing my way through the entire night. I find it hard to give a shit about 90% of the things that are said to me that don't directly affect me. It's called narcissism. It's the byproduct of a low self-esteem generation, a sedentary, internet based lifestyle (and no, going to the gym isn't "being active") and loads of other things I could bitch about.

It's all about Maslow's pyramid, bitches.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
There is a lot of things I dont give a shit about. Why should I? This is a dog eat dog world, and I'm fighting for the top.

As long as I care for the people I love, I'm happy.

**** everyone, take what you want. The world is yours.
Quote by Jon777

Didn't even notice...changed it.....

.....but I don't really care
I find it easy to be calm under pressure, and I find it hard to SHOW I give a shit, even when I should. Secretly I do, I just can't seem to make it that obvious. I kinda like it.
I find it hard to care about a lot of things. And other things I care too much about
I'd like to be able to balance these things out better
RIP Gooze

cats
i am selfless. sorry guys.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
not giving a shit about anything is perfectly normal to me because nothing really matters.

btw you care that you don't care about anything?
ITT: Pathetic teenage apathy.
"i just dont give a fuk cuz im like, antisoshal n shit."

OT: Of course I feel like that, but guess what? I don't give a fuck. I don't think about it, I don't worry about it, and I don't bother asking if anyone else feels the same. I know that a lot of people... hell, MOST people in my age group feel like that. As was mentioned above, it's a thing of this generation.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Last edited by carlos_almighty at Sep 29, 2011,
I don't give a fuck about this thread, so I'm not gonna bother po- oh, wait.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
I dont give a **** about a lot of threads here. Like that thread a little bit ago about the lady who got fired from her job because she wouldn't wear makeup. And everyone in the thread was making it out to be some travesty.

Like really, I'm supposed to give a **** about that?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Same here bro
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Quote by 'Leviathan'
I find it easy to be calm under pressure, and I find it hard to SHOW I give a shit, even when I should. Secretly I do, I just can't seem to make it that obvious. I kinda like it.

This. I guess I just have a really neutral face most of the time.
cat

"It's just news.. it's just news."

wow weird when i searched for that picture one of them that came up was an avatar of a ug'er
Quote by 'Leviathan'

Yeah, all my friends are like... "dude, why are you so relaxed, like... all the time?! I could never picture you getting worked up!"
I am rather indifferent to this...
I feel it's difficult to give a **** about my life right now ... (I'm not suicidal or trying to sound cool). Its so boring atm ... It's just School > home > food > sleep > school -->

Can someone suggest me something to give a **** about!? :P
Quote by Randomguy09
I feel it's difficult to give a **** about my life right now ... (I'm not suicidal or trying to sound cool). Its so boring atm ... It's just School > home > food > sleep > school -->

Bitches.
Give a fuck about bitches.
Quote by Randomguy09

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not depressed or anything, but I'm bored out of my ****ing miind.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2