ok guys so ive got an LTD-H1001, it came setup in standard tuning but i got it set up by a dude at my music shop with not even slinkys (12-56's) in drop C tuning, but that was after i told him i wanted to be able to tune down to drop B with no worries as well.

now i'm wondering, am I gonna **** up my intonation or anything if i tune up to say drop D (even standard?) to play some shet? like is it all gonna be messed up and not whats its like now when i return to drop C/B?

this has probably been asked before but i couldn't find it anywhere so go easy

cheers
Last edited by davevos at Sep 29, 2011,
You should be fine, but that gauge is very heavy for standard tuning. I'd go ahead and try, but prepare yourself for new strings. You'll need them after a few tuning switches. Also, save money and just string it yourself. Believe me, it's much more satisfying.
after sometime it wil screw your strings up but im constantly changing the tuning and its only after some time (when you anyways wanna change the strings) it ****s them up (;
Quote by rtdgamefan
You should be fine, but that gauge is very heavy for standard tuning. I'd go ahead and try, but prepare yourself for new strings. You'll need them after a few tuning switches. Also, save money and just string it yourself. Believe me, it's much more satisfying.

cheers man, yeah ill give it a go then.

and yeah i string it myself i just had the intonation and action etc sorted for playing in dropped tunings, too scared ill ruin my guitar if i try do that myself hahaa