ok guys so ive got an LTD-H1001, it came setup in standard tuning but i got it set up by a dude at my music shop with not even slinkys (12-56's) in drop C tuning, but that was after i told him i wanted to be able to tune down to drop B with no worries as well.

now i'm wondering, am I gonna **** up my intonation or anything if i tune up to say drop D (even standard?) to play some shet? like is it all gonna be messed up and not whats its like now when i return to drop C/B?

this has probably been asked before but i couldn't find it anywhere so go easy

cheers
If you have a floating trem it'll throw it off. If you have a hard tail you'll be good, and I haven't had problems switching between tunings like that with my guitars with regular trems.
12-56's on standard tuning, I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to play that way.
Guitar: IBANEZ RGIR20BFE-WNF
Strings: Ernie Ball .010 - .052
Amp: Yamaha THR10X | Orange Micro Dark
Effects: Boss MetalCore ML-2, Zoom 505 II, CryBaby
Quote by svelle
12-56's on standard tuning, I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to play that way.

its obviously not preferable but I don't wanna change strings to suit standard tuning as i'm still gonna be playing more dropped stuff than standard stuff.

and to other old mate, yeah it doesn't have the floating trem so ill give it a crack then, cheers
Quote by davevos
its obviously not preferable but I don't wanna change strings to suit standard tuning as i'm still gonna be playing more dropped stuff than standard stuff.

and to other old mate, yeah it doesn't have the floating trem so ill give it a crack then, cheers

You'd be putting an unholy amount of tension on the neck, which could cause it to warp over time (and possibly break other parts). If you're looking to play standard tuning, you'll really need another guitar which is set up for standard/drop D.
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Quote by JL_Shredder
You'd be putting an unholy amount of tension on the neck, which could cause it to warp over time (and possibly break other parts). If you're looking to play standard tuning, you'll really need another guitar which is set up for standard/drop D.

+1

Not that your guitar is just going to bork if you tune up to standard, but... a 56 is a damn big string for a standard E.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X