Page 1 of 4
So I live in portugal, and one of these days I was Familly guy on FOX... and then theres a part of the episode that I was watching that peter tryes to kill 2 portugueses, and then those 2 guys say something, and I was like "OMG theyr not even portuguese, theyr brazillian !!". So 1st , whats the deal btw familly guy and portuguese people?? And if they want to make fun of portugueses why dont make actual portuguese charecters that actually SPEAK PORTUGUESE FROM PORTUGAL ! So are americans really like that ?? Dumb ... Cuz everyone in europe thinks so...
Quote by Woody166
So I live in portugal, and one of these days I was Familly guy on FOX... and then theres a part of the episode that I was watching that peter tryes to kill 2 portugueses, and then those 2 guys say something, and I was like "OMG theyr not even portuguese, theyr brazillian !!". So 1st , whats the deal btw familly guy and portuguese people?? And if they want to make fun of portugueses why dont make actual portuguese charecters that actually SPEAK PORTUGUESE FROM PORTUGAL ! So are americans really like that ?? Dumb ... Cuz everyone in europe thinks so...

The fuck are you talking about?

I don't see how you can call Americans dumb when you clearly don't understand how to make a coherent argument.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Sep 29, 2011,
It's funny because the only one who looks dumb here is you.

Edit:
Quote by Afroboy267
Jersey Shore

/thread

A challenger appears.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Sep 29, 2011,
Seeing as you are Family Guy and all, thought I'd point out that you are not as good as your little brother, American Dad.
TV shows make fun of different nationalities all the time. Don't get butthurt when it's your country being ridiculed, it's all just facetious.
West Ham United
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
Seeing as you are Family Guy and all, thought I'd point out that you are not as good as your little brother, American Dad.

but yeah American Dad > Family Guy
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
OMG thats like sotrue Americuns r really dum they cant even tell the difarens batween too langages that sound thesame to poeple ho dont no the langage and im europen two and i think so to so everyine thinks so kthxbai
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Simsimius

+1

Pretty sure I asked for Pecan Sandies..
Quote by Simsimius

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by the bartender
OMG thats like sotrue Americuns r really dum they cant even tell the difarens batween too langages that sound thesame to poeple ho dont no the langage and im europen two and i think so to so everyine thinks so kthxbai

This is the most ironic thing i've ever read.
Quote by Woody166

lol really? you made a thread about this? they probably just used brazillian voice acter because theres not really a whole lot of portuguese people here. its not like anyone besides the 10 or so people that speak portuguese and watch family guy are going to notice.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Afroboy267
This is the most ironic thing i've ever read.

pretty sure the bad grammer is on purpose to make fun of the ot lol
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Beavis and Butthead's coming back on soon. (can't wait!)

Watch that if you want to see something stupid.

Americans know their t.v. shows are stupid. In America stupid = funny.
BLANKBLANK
Woody166, you should be embarrassed that the humor of Family Guy goes over your head. Really.

That said, Family Guy sucks, and American Dad is rad.
TS, go check your bottoms for unidentified objects, you're bound to find something stuck up there. American Dad made fun of Romanians in one episode and I found it hilariously good; South Park made one in which everybody spoke Russian but were supposed to be Romanian.

Also, Sep '11?
I don't have a signature
Stop being a whiny bitch,I'm from Ireland and we get the Shit ripped out of us on tv shows all the time,Family Guy only being one of them.It's still funny as hell tho,get over it.
I went to the zoo the other day, there was only one dog in it, it was a shitzu.

He who laughs last thinks slowest
we couldn't have a user registration page that said no portuguese but ummmmm ... yeah, no portuguese.
#DTWD
Quote by the bartender
OMG That’s like so true Americans are really dumb they cant even tell the difference between too languages that sound the same to people who don’t no the language and I'm European two and i think so to so everyone thinks so kthxbai.

Fixed. Your grammar really sucks bro. Couldn't figure what the underlined word meant.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by stealstrings
Fixed. Your grammar really sucks bro. Couldn't figure what the underlined word meant.

Just to make sure, you're aware he was making a point, yes?
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by bry0n
Just to make sure, you're aware he was making a point, yes?

Really? Because I didn't find any points in there.
Quote by stealstrings

+1

"kthxbai" I think it means: OK thanks bye.

But yeah, in some episode of South Park Finland got nuked and it was fun. Actually it was pretty cool because I seldom hear Finland mentioned somewhere (they just spoke English and I didn't care, it wasn't even Finnish accent). But yeah, TV series make fun of other countries. And answering the second question: I think nobody would have noticed if the Portuguese guys had spoken Finnish or whatever language. It's not the main point of that part. And I think Americans don't care about it either. Some of them don't even know anything about Europe. So for them Portugal = France = Germany = Sweden = Finland.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
So, you are pissed at Family Guy for not having the right "version" of the same language, yet you cannot form a coherent sentence or use correct grammar in english...

No, not everyone in Europe thinks all americans are stupid, some of my best friends are american, and intelligent. Quite frankly I feel embarassed to read your poorly thought out thread, way to keep up Europes name champ!

There are about 240 000 000 million people that speak portugese, about 190 000 000 are brazilians, which also happen to be on the same continent as the united states... Wouldn't it be extremely more comfortable to get brazilian voice actors, instead of flying portugese to the US at a great expense for the film company, since it's with smaller variation and a different dialect IS THE SAME LANGUAGE!

Also, Family Guy > American Dad
Last edited by Blargaha at Sep 29, 2011,
Jesus Christ, man. He was talking that way to emphasize the point that it was ironic that the ot was saying Americans were dumb when he cannot even form a coherent sentence.

Blargaha, Brazil is in South America. U.S.A is in North America. Two different continents
Last edited by Chad11491 at Sep 29, 2011,
Quote by Blargaha

There are about 240 000 000 million people that speak portugese, about 190 000 000 are brazilians, which also happen to be on the same continent as the united states...

Not sure if serious...
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Not sure if serious...

Please see my below post, get in touch with geographic conventions before trying to patronize me
Last edited by Blargaha at Sep 29, 2011,
I don't find Family Guys "randomness" and jokes that are completely irrelevant to the plot humorous. I know that's the thing people like about the show, but it's ****ing stupid. The South Park Cartoon Wars episodes were right.
Quote by Chad11491
Jesus Christ, man. He was talking that way to emphasize the point that it was ironic that the ot was saying Americans were dumb when he cannot even form a coherent sentence.

Blargaha, Brazil is in South America. U.S.A is in North America. Two different continents

Funny thing is that they are not different continents, they are the same continent, namely "the american double continent". At least here, you see, what is considered a continent varies with whom you talk to. Here we consider it being six continents, Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, America, and Antarctica.

The most common definition is that a continent is a large landmass separated by water, however we also consider Europe and Asia to be different continents, thus no definition is water-tight.

But as you see, you can't really correct anyone that don't agree with your conventions.
Page 1 of 4