Look for another band that need a new member or try and find other members to start your own band, starting something new will probably get you interested again. Your so-called band mate sounds like a waster and I wouldn't waste any more of your time trying to get him to rehearse.
Add a new instrument to your repertoire. I don't know what kind of stuff you play, but try out the piano. It's pretty comparable to the guitar in terms of role in music, but it's different enough to where it could inspire some new feelings towards music.
What has your band mate got to do with you not being interested?

If you want to play guitar do it for yourself. I don't think you sound like you can be bothered if I'm honest. If you practice and become very good, then you'll be a very good guitarist. What is it you want to happen? Why is becoming good at guitar a waste?

Screw everyone else, do it for yourself. If you can bothered. Learning an instrument is its own reward.
Quote by tehREALcaptain
maybe, you dont want to be a musician.

That's not true

Quote by NorthernPaul
What has your band mate got to do with you not being interested?

If you want to play guitar do it for yourself. I don't think you sound like you can be bothered if I'm honest. If you practice and become very good, then you'll be a very good guitarist. What is it you want to happen? Why is becoming good at guitar a waste?

Screw everyone else, do it for yourself. If you can bothered. Learning an instrument is its own reward.

you're right
Quote by tehREALcaptain
maybe, you dont want to be a musician.

I'd say to be motivated you need to motivate yourself.

This means if your mate doesn't want to practice, find a new one, go solo, do whatever you can to keep doing itand play at open mics or book gigs once you can start doing that

if you're bored with guitar try other instruments.

if you do all this it will go somewhere...
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Your bandmate has quit, he just hasn't told you.

Find new people to play with.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Yekex
That's not true

Well, you haven't done anything to prove to us otherwise.

I honestly believe you don't know what you want to do, and that you're just trying really hard to convince yourself that you do.

Obviously, if everything is boring to you, then you really don't want to do it. Also, a true musician wouldn't have that fear that if they didn't "make it", then they wasted their time.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Yekex
That's not true

Or it could be that you're too lazy to deal with the learning curve, and you want to be a musician in abstract - if it means girls and shows and being able to play awesome stuff - but don't really want to do it if it means hours of (sometimes boring) practice.

Honest truth time. You don't get to that second place without spending some time in that first place. Are you okay with that? Maybe what you want to do is be a rock star (the fun stuff) without dealing with being a musician (the work).

If that's not the case, then I simply have to ask you this:

What are your goals as a musician?

If you can create an image in your head of the musician (not rock star - musician!) that you'd like to be, and that doesn't motivate you, I doubt anything ever will. I mean, maybe you're just in a phase, but maybe not. Every so often it's normal to get into the doldrums. That's fine.

It's telling to me that you're frustrated with your drummer and you're blaming him for your lack of practice. That sounds like an excuse to me.

When you say "you might practice and become good, and have nothing ever happen" which is true. But one thing you're likely to discover is that the financial rewards are often something that come after the joy of doing something for it's own sake. It sounds like you're thinking "rock star" when you should be thinking "musician."

If you want the chance to play with good musicians, the best thing you can do is practice and become a good musician yourself. After all, one can infer from your comments that you don't yet think of yourself as a good player. Why would good musicians want to play with you?

Worry about making yourself a musician others want to play with FIRST. Then worry about finding a band.
This is probably going to sound very synical, but with that mindset you might as well hang yourself right away because you end up dead anyway regardless if you get very good at guitar, sports, maths etc and your talents will be rendered useless then.

Nothing has any use, you should not play guitar because you want to become famous or make money out of it, the pleasure of playing should be enough. Practice should not be practice but 'yay I have time to play my instrument'
Last edited by eSdaze at Oct 2, 2011,
Try other instrument. Compose your own songs (you never mentioned you did). Learn new techniques in the instruments you play. Venture into other musical styles.
Professional lurker since 2009.
To quote from the wise Kung Pow:
Master Tang: your story makes my heart heavy and my prostate weak, however it will be impossible for us to help you.
Chosen One: i implore you to reconsider
Master Tang: hmm O.K

Perhaps you are depressed for feeling rejected at the moment. The rejection is music based, so it naturally comes down to a disdain for it at the moment. Your love for it will come back... its been what... 3 or 4 weeks now? That's ok. The next time you pick up your guitar you'll find some new colours to the sound or some cool rhythm that will just bite you in the ass and you're hooked again

Have fun
ye maybe you like the idea of being a musician but you dont love it enough to work hard enough...

but i suggest you find another band. that would help. and start writing songs
Kick your drummer out of the band I'd say.
I mean he ignores your calls, doesn't show up at practice.
For your guitar problem, I have the same too.
What I mostly do is just put a fresh pack a strings on, don't know why but it just works.
pick up an acoustic guitar, start writing your own stuff and go it alone, dont worry about band mates