I'm getting a new guitar, and I've actually already ordered a Jackson WRMG (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-WRMG-Warrior-Electric-Guitar-w--EMGs-520317-i1445403.gc). Unfortunately it's been on backorder for around a month now, and I've considered just cancelling the order and ordering a different model. I saw this one (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs-520313-i1449272.gc) recently and thought it looked quite good as well, but know quite enough about guitar construction to be sure which is a better deal or why, for that matter, the WRMG is about $150 more expensive. I mostly play classic rock, blues, and a lot of metal. Which one should I go with?
Well the first link doesn't work, but looking at the second one, I love Jackson but that thing is not worth it. At that price you should be getting an OFR.
links don't work, but assuming you linked to the dkmgt and wrmgt (that's what the links said when i hovered over them, anyway), much of a muchness in terms of quality, as far as i'm aware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
original floyd rose

however it's worth bearing in mind that a lot of the cheaper, korean-built guitars which claim to have an ofr often have an frt-x000 instead, which is the cheaper korean-built version of the original, german-made schaller original floyd rose. It's not quite as good as the german-made one.

EDIT: woops when i said dkmgt and wrmgt i meant dkmg and wrmg

but yeah if they're the ones you mean they're pretty much the same in terms of quality. only difference is/should be the shape. and maybe a slightly different neck profile.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 29, 2011,
Do you have any specific recommendations of Jackson models around that price that have an OFR?
WRMGT and DKMGT are same quality. 150$ price difference is for fancy shape.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^ yeah

^^ if you can stretch a bit the neck-thru pro series ones have the frt-x000 i mentioned. but they're a bit more money.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?