so i am building a telecaster and i have been looking online for awiel now but i havent found anything that really assured me to what i need. i have no idea on what i need for electronics and switches and pots or diodes or what i need to get my tele to sound. i would like to order them and get my tele done finally but i have no idea what i need. please help
do you want to do it like a classic tele? or do you wanna mod? what are you thinking? you'll never need diodes xD

on a classic style tele, you'll need the pups(obviously xD) two pots, two capacitors, one output jack, and a 3-way switch

EDIT: here's a schematic: Tele Schematic
Last edited by tntero at Sep 29, 2011,
go to guitarelectronics.com they have complete wireing diagrams for free.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i think i want a classic tele wire but what size of pots do i need for the best quality sound?
Quote by SupermanDT
i think i want a classic tele wire but what size of pots do i need for the best quality sound?

You'll want 250k pots, since you're using single-coils. as a general rule of thumb, use 250k for single coils and 500k for humbuckers.
Quote by SupermanDT
whats the difference just curious?

Higher pot values have better response for high frequencies, you can try using 500K pots if you want even more treble or if your pickups arent so good xD its a technique that korean brands and such use, im going to wire 1M (1000K) pots to a korean made strat just to see what it sounds like xD worst thing can happen is it is too trebbly xD