Hello all to cut a long story short, i was interested in getting a new guitar and i fell love with the fender jazzmaster. I tried one out in a shop the other week however, and to my dismay the neck just wasnt to my liking (i like well rounded necks - the 2 most comfortable necks i have played are yamaha sg2000 and a japanese '65 mustang reissue). It was a japanese reissue; I'm not too well up on fender guitars so feel free to prove me wrong - but i believe it was a 70s reissue as it had the colour of the headstock matching the colour of the body - like the competition mustangs had. Anyway, basically what im asking is - are the '62 reissue jazzmaster necks more rounded and therefore more to my liking? thanks for any help anybody can give me, because i love the look and sound of them it's just the neck that is putting me off. cheers ^^
I think the MIJ Jazzmasters mostly have thinner necks. You may want to check out offsetguitars.com - there is a huge amount of knowledge there on Jazzmasters, Jags etc. I don't think UG is the best place to ask about Jazzmasters.

Also, have you seen MJT guitars? They sell neck + body sets on eBay for about $700. You choose the finish and the neck specifications.
Quote by tombo32
I think the MIJ Jazzmasters mostly have thinner necks. You may want to check out offsetguitars.com - there is a huge amount of knowledge there on Jazzmasters, Jags etc. I don't think UG is the best place to ask about Jazzmasters.

Also, have you seen MJT guitars? They sell neck + body sets on eBay for about $700. You choose the finish and the neck specifications.

ok, thanks man, ill try posting there no i hadn't before you said. they look quite cool haha; but not really what i was going for, thanks for saying about them though.