Just simply - what techniques you need to know to play cannon rock? I'm thinking to try but I want to get better first on the main techniques that are needed on cannon rock so what are those techniques?
All of them... nice vibrato, fast clean alternate picking, clean sweeping, good rhythm, string skipping I think, possibly some tapping but I'm not sure on that one either.
yeah, pretty much everything
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No offence or anything, but if you have to ask you may not be ready for it. It's a pretty advanced piece, you need to be very competent in many guitar techniques. Working towards it as a long term goal is great, just don't try it before you're ready or you could end up wasting your time and getting frustrated.
Good luck anyhow.
Quote by MetalCommand
No offence or anything, but if you have to ask you may not be ready for it. It's a pretty advanced piece, you need to be very competent in many guitar techniques. Working towards it as a long term goal is great, just don't try it before you're ready or you could end up wasting your time and getting frustrated.
Good luck anyhow.

This. You might wanna take a look at Neil Zaza's It's all right. It's covered by Funtwo and isn't as complex as CR.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
The point is that i know a lot techniques but I just never searched for information about techniques that I need in cannon rock. So as I know now theres a lot techniquies and I'm to lazy to get every note of cannon rock in my head I'll try it.. But maybe later.. Thanks
And the answer is you need them all
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by jani92jani
Does Cannon rock mean that you use the classical Cannon, but apply to rock/metal music??
you need two guitars or other instruments to play the counterpoint part

They're talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by8oyJztzwo I don't know how you're a guitarist on the internet who doesn't know what this is but there you go
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
@Zaphod_Beeblebr: jani92jani is obviously trolling. Don't feed the trolls

Cannon Rock is not THAT advanced. Different guitarists made different covers and some are pretty much made to show off there skills. Watch a few and if you think you can't play them, find more simple ones are combine them or make your own.
Cannon....A large gun used by military forces.

Canon....An accepted body of artistic work.
Quote by Bikewer
Cannon....A large gun used by military forces.

Canon....An accepted body of artistic work.

Doesn't canon in musical context refer to the structure of the piece?

TS yeah you pretty much need all the techniques. Really fun to play though go for it!
Quote by greeneyegat
Doesn't canon in musical context refer to the structure of the piece?

Yep, its to do with variations on a repeated chord progressions IIRC, like a chaconne.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Oct 4, 2011,
Quote by Hydra150
Yep, its to do with variations on a repeated chord progressions IIRC, like a chaconne.

Or in Canon in D's context, it's to do with someone playing a sick joke on cellists.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221