Hi everyone!
this is my first time in this forum.

Yesterday i bought a PRS Swamp Ash Special Narrow-field guitar and i noticed something weird about the neck. first of all this guitar is awesome but i was hearing cracking(like a "click") sounds and i didn't know where they came from... i thought it was the tremolo but it is the neck. it is a bolt on and my first purchase of a bolt on guitar. every one in a while i get this crack sound from the bolt on area and i noticed one side of the attachment is flat with the body but the other has a space between it.

i need to know what should i do and how bad is it.... maybe its normal and its just me not experienced enough with bolt on guitars.
Here are photos for you to know what i mean

i forgot the mansion that the cracking sound is heard when using the tremolo too

here are two pictures of the differences between the sides(the left side is the one with the space)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/28092011478.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/28092011479.jpg/

here is the normal side:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/28092011477.jpg/

and the other one:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/28092011481.jpg/
No it shouldn't look like that, it should be tight across the whole neck-joint.
I have a PRS CE22 wich is also a bolt-on neck and it has no spacing at all in the neck pocket.

I'd take it back.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Slacken the strings, grab the neck and try to move it - you should be able to feel if it is loose - sorry can't tell from the pictures. Suggest you take it to a guitar tech / back to the shop if you are not happy with it.
(me, I'd just unscrew the heel plate and take a look at the joint and fix whatever the problem is - it's only basic woodwork, but if you do this you will probably chavel the screw heads and the shop will not look at it!)
Thanks... i guess i have to take it to a guitar tech.... is there anyone that had this problem and took care of it? if yes that how?
Quote by Seanthesheep
a PRS that isnt perfect!

thats exactly what i'm thinking.... imagine the fact that i bought it yesterday
return it. you bought a PRS. that isnt normal for PRS.

and when you get a new one, post a NGD
Quote by Seanthesheep
return it. you bought a PRS. that isnt normal for PRS.

and when you get a new one, post a NGD

do you think prs will send a new one?

did you hear of a case that someone received a new one?
well you bougt it yesterday, id say go back to the store, explain to them the problem. they should try and get it fixed some way by either repairing it or getting a new one. If they dont then you have one of 2 options: get your money back from the store and go buy another one somewhere else, or get in contact with PRS them selves and see what they say.

because the guitar is so new, you shouldnnt have that many problems with sorting this out, its not like youve had it for 3 years and suddenly you have this problem.
take it back prs should have very high quality control and live up to thier rep!
Quote by Briyan_15
take it back prs should have very high quality control and live up to thier rep!

And they will.
boy this is interesting. sorry for the trouble TS.

i agree with stony, they are very very good to their clients. almost unbelievably so.

i would email PRS customer service the pics and ask how PRS wants you to move forward.

do what they recommend and you won't have a worry.

you'll probably get a free t-shirt of something as well.

great people to work with.

let us know how this works out. it's a good example for others to see the outcome of.

alright... thank you all!

i will let you all know what is their solution to the problem.... hope they are as good as you all say they are...
Hi everyone!
first of all i forgot to mansion that i'm from a country outside the U.S
the store's owner contacted PRS and they said that its probably a bolt that got a little unscrewed while the guitar was shipped to the store. they told me to loosen the strings and strengthen all of the bolts. and so i did! the space between the neck and the body is gone and no more noise!

in the end it wasn't actually a problem with PRS but a common issue with bolt on necked guitars being shipped to different countries.

I thank you all for the support and the kindness and i gotta say that damn this baby sure does everything..... NOW it is the perfect guitar i bought
Quote by gregs1020
boy this is interesting. sorry for the trouble TS.

i agree with stony, they are very very good to their clients. almost unbelievably so.

i would email PRS customer service the pics and ask how PRS wants you to move forward.

do what they recommend and you won't have a worry.

you'll probably get a free t-shirt of something as well.

great people to work with.

let us know how this works out. it's a good example for others to see the outcome of.

thats exactly why i am trying to get work at the prs factory.
Quote by sasrocks
Hi everyone!
first of all i forgot to mansion that i'm from a country outside the U.S
the store's owner contacted PRS and they said that its probably a bolt that got a little unscrewed while the guitar was shipped to the store. they told me to loosen the strings and strengthen all of the bolts. and so i did! the space between the neck and the body is gone and no more noise!

in the end it wasn't actually a problem with PRS but a common issue with bolt on necked guitars being shipped to different countries.

I thank you all for the support and the kindness and i gotta say that damn this baby sure does everything..... NOW it is the perfect guitar i bought

your english is very good only thing you need to know, is that "mansion" is a nice estate. MENTION is the word that you are looking for.
Quote by 00_hns_00
thats exactly why i am trying to get work at the prs factory.

They are looking for sanders right now.
Quote by 00_hns_00
your english is very good only thing you need to know, is that "mansion" is a nice estate. MENTION is the word that you are looking for.

thanks lol that was a funny mistake... i'm gonna remember that