I recently got my hands on a custom made epiphone les paul and it seems to have some horrendous fret buzz at certain points at the neck on most strings, which i cant seem to resolve. There is no buzz when the strings are played open which is the odd part. Does anybody know what could be the problem, and how to solve it?
Quote by EndOfNothing656
Everyone can sing, its just some asshole who makes you feel bad and tells you to stop thats the problem...

Quote by randomhero93
ah I see that you're new here... so I won't be the one to slander you for spam.
id raise the action a little bit see if that helps.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
By that i presume your talking about the 'string height'? If so ive tryed that...
Quote by EndOfNothing656
Everyone can sing, its just some asshole who makes you feel bad and tells you to stop thats the problem...

Quote by randomhero93
hmm might just be bunk? i dont know what to tell you. fret buzz happens when the strings viberate and hit the frets, hence fret buzz, raising the action usally helps. I have a les paul that gets some fret buzz after i put it back together from cleaning and i just raise the action a little bit untill it stops.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Bunk? Broken? I have the action raised to full on some :S The strings are pretty thick, I dont suppose that could has anything to do with it?
Quote by EndOfNothing656

Quote by randomhero93