I love John Hiatt, especially Slow Turning. What a great album.

Sorry to say though, that I'm not familiar with "Ethylene". The only thing that I can really offer is to try and find the root note for each chord and toy with different voicings until you nail it. That's what I usually do when I'm figuring out a new song.

Okay, I see that you're new, so I don't have any idea where your skill level is at. In case you don't know what a "root note" is, strum an A chord and then pick your fifth string (assuming you're in standard tuning). That single note (an A) is the root note of an A chord. So that same logic can be applied all over the fretboard. Should you need any chord diagrams, Google it.

Good luck, man!
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
I just checked out "Ethelyne". That's a fun tune.

And, I figured out what John's playing.

It's just C, D, and G chords through the whole tune. Though, they do get rearranged for the chorus. There were a few times where I thought a B Minor chord was being played instead of a G. Right or wrong, the B Minor didn't sound bad...

Oh, and the C chord is played with a pinky on the third fret of the high E string, and a ring finger on the third fret of B string. When he plays out the C, he will occasionally do a pull off/hammer on thing with his index and middle fingers that gives it a nice rolling sound.

Good luck, and keep practicing.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.