ok, so starting christmas/january, im doing a complete rig overhaul, the only things staying right now is my amp head and guitars. the cabinet is being upgraded to a Mills 2x12, and im going to build a rack to control all effects and amp switching and have it interchangable with different amp heads, as i plan to accquire a recto down the road.

so right now im either going to use the Ground control pro/GCX switcher with dedicated stompboxes, or a TcE G system, and build the rig around that.

the G system has everything, but it seems to like certain amps and despise others, so thats a turn off, but it has everything else, including programable loops and a volume boost for solos, both are vital for me.

with the Voodoo labs route, ill probably pay more, but it will be alot simpler to operate too, but will cost more, and at the end of the day, i dont know what can give me a straight volume boost like the g system can. maybe a volume pedal rocked back a bit in one of the loops?

(i guess and attenuator that i can footswitch with the GCX woud work)

so the main points are, about a volume boost, and wether the voodoolabs route is worth the extra money for simplcities sake.
Just slap a tubescreamer in front of the amp and have the volume on the pedal high and the gain fairly low and you got your signal boost.
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
im doing that already, it barely gives a volume boost, makes the tone of the amp better yea, but does nothing for a volume boost. i run an ibanez TS9, the other guitarist in my band runs a maxon OD9, and me both notice that and agree on that
Put the tubescreamer in the effects loop, and you get a volume boost.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
MXR 10 band eq. Volume boost and tone shaping.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
if your going to do a rig overhaul, and will be using effects.

axe fx or eleven rack.
Quote by 00_hns_00
if your going to do a rig overhaul, and will be using effects.

axe fx or eleven rack.

thats in the back of my mind, but for now i just want to figure this out.

and doesnt a tubescreamer in the fx loop sound like garbage?
Quote by Seanthesheep
thats in the back of my mind, but for now i just want to figure this out.

and doesnt a tubescreamer in the fx loop sound like garbage?

do you want to spend money now, to spend money later? or fix the issue now? i'm not exactly certain what you want. if you want a volume boost, get a ehx lbp1. putting the tubescreamer in your fx may sound good or bad, it will depend on your amp.
well i know right now, if i upgrade my cab, ill like the amp tone again. for this thread forget any mention or axefx and similar things, im just asking what would be a better way to manage effects, G system or GCX and Ground Control, and what are some viable way to give a straight volume boost for solos with the GCX (id need a pedal)
better way to manage effects? you can use stuff like the axe and such for effects. thats what i do with m13's. the g system is pretty similar to those things.

strait volume boost - ehx lbp-1
does it really work? youtube videos of it doesnt make it seem so.

and the M13 seems nice, but im trying to rackmount everything, so only the midi cable runs out to the stage with me