Edwards makes nice guitars. Its the Japanese line of ESP's standard series. I'd say its worth somewhere around 1.5k
Where's Waldo?
I wouldn't say Edwards is equal to ESP standard.
From what I always understood, for the Japanese market ESP has two brands, Grassroots and Edwards, as subsiduaries for ESP.
Edwards would be equal to high end Ltd.'s in the USA and Europe.
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Quote by Samhuinn
I wouldn't say Edwards is equal to ESP standard.
From what I always understood, for the Japanese market ESP has two brands, Grassroots and Edwards, as subsiduaries for ESP.
Edwards would be equal to high end Ltd.'s in the USA and Europe.

This is true, but the Edwards replaces the ESP standard line. There is no ESP standard line in Japan.
Where's Waldo?
Take it from a guy who's been playing that guitar for 3 years. Its freakin' badass! It outruns most guitars on the market and built like a tank.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
What about the ESP guitars available for Japan market? They are way cooler than the ones I see for the American market :O, i'm falling in love even more with ESP... My LTD Viper-500 (a guitar I like a lot and I have owned even a Parker Fly Deluxe) looks like a toy around those guitars... I'm simply amazed, I've always know Japan makes excellent guitars but I didn't think they where this cool...
Quote by MonsterOfRock
Take it from a guy who's been playing that guitar for 3 years. Its freakin' badass! It outruns most guitars on the market and built like a tank.

That guitar is so beautiful, I hate you xD.
Quote by Perverockstar69
That guitar is so beautiful, I hate you xD.

Buy it man, I was lovestruck when I saw it on the internet. Had to special order it from Japan. They had to order it from ESP, coz they didn't have one in blue. Took about 2months. These days Edwards are pretty available on eBay.

But yea, I love it so much that I haven't really looked at anything with Floyd Rose since. Also, despite its looks and shape, its a very heavy guitar.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
The gist of Edwards, from what I gather, is They are owned by ESP, made in China with better materials than the LTD in Korea, and closely supervised by ESP reps. They are then sent to Japan for assembly and distribution. So they aren't actually Japanese they are Chinese, but made to a higher standard.
Quote by MonsterOfRock
Buy it man, I was lovestruck when I saw it on the internet. Had to special order it from Japan. They had to order it from ESP, coz they didn't have one in blue. Took about 2months. These days Edwards are pretty available on eBay.

But yea, I love it so much that I haven't really looked at anything with Floyd Rose since. Also, despite its looks and shape, its a very heavy guitar.

Tell me more, specially about the neck and the feel of the whole thing.
Quote by Perverockstar69
Tell me more, specially about the neck and the feel of the whole thing.

I feel as though you're asking me to describe my girlfriend's physique

Well, the neck is thin and fast (and gorgeous ) and access to the 27th fret pretty good, but you'll need to get used to those tiny frets. Action is low, but not Ibanez low. Good enough to feel the 'jump' after letting go of the string. If you've played a ESP or a Jackson with a Floyd before, it feels kinda similar. And yea, the inlay can get confusing to play with, but you got the side dots.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by chadreed32
This is true, but the Edwards replaces the ESP standard line. There is no ESP standard line in Japan.

wut

Quote by W4RP1G
The gist of Edwards, from what I gather, is They are owned by ESP, made in China with better materials than the LTD in Korea, and closely supervised by ESP reps. They are then sent to Japan for assembly and distribution. So they aren't actually Japanese they are Chinese, but made to a higher standard.

+1

if you ask me, $1500 is a lot considering what else you can get for $1500 in the USA.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
wut

That's exactly what I thought
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Some of the biggest bands use ESP's which can only be bought in Japan.
The custom models of bands like Moi dix mois and the Alfee, to name a few, are incredible and in a whole league of their own, when it comes to signature models.

All I know is that, if I ever were to be famous enough to have a guitarcompany make me a signature, it'd surely be ESP ^-^
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Quote by Samhuinn
Some of the biggest bands use ESP's which can only be bought in Japan.
The custom models of bands like Moi dix mois and the Alfee, to name a few, are incredible and in a whole league of their own, when it comes to signature models.

All I know is that, if I ever were to be famous enough to have a guitarcompany make me a signature, it'd surely be ESP ^-^

just because some good bands use them?

I recall the guitarist from A Perfect Circle, Billy Howerdel, said he never liked Gibsons and he never wanted to own one, until one day he picked one up and everything clicked.