okay so ive been trying to look for a turntable that can actually play my vinyls at the right speed and so far, the vids on youtube ive seen play the song either at a higher or lower key, mostly higher, which bugs the hell out of me. so i think i have to go for more of a pro turntable? so im looking at this specific one. anyone with vinyl experience here?

http://www.amazon.com/Numark-TTUSB-Turntable-with-USB/dp/B000G3FNVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317355504&sr=8-1

well anyways, if i buy that turntable, do i just have to buy speakers like these and im good to go? or do i have to but extra accesories to able to listen to my vinyl collection?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SS-B1000-8-Inch-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B000OG88KY/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b

help would be greatly appreciated
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
yeah i just figured that out haha. but my only problem now are the speakers...can i just buy speakers and hook them up to the turntable or do i have to buy another thing?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
This turntable is a pretty awesome one to start out on. I believe you could just hook a set of computer speakers into it, could be wrong though. If not, you need a receiver and speakers for pretty much any turntable. A preamp is nice as well.
Quote by guy66657
yeah i just figured that out haha. but my only problem now are the speakers...can i just buy speakers and hook them up to the turntable or do i have to buy another thing?

No, you can just do that.
well im sure im supposed to get some sort of stereo system. how am i gonna control the volume if i just have speakers? haha
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Quote by guy66657
well im sure im supposed to get some sort of stereo system. how am i gonna control the volume if i just have speakers? haha

And that would entail getting either an integrated amp or a separate preamp and power amp, depending on whether you want the best equipment and if you're willing to shell out the money for a discrete preamp and power amp.

And cables, naturally.

I'd go to some home audio forum, really, unless there's an expert on stereos here. I'm not one. I don't even own one.
Project do a turntable that has an inbuilt stereo amp and phono stage, with line inputs for other sources, with circuitry based on their separates, but that's a bit more than I think you're looking at spending. In plus news, the Numark has a phono stage inbuilt, so you can use any amp.
turntable > phono stage > amp > speakers

or turntable > amp with phono stage > speakers

or turntable > pre amp with phono stage > power amp > speakers
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Project do a turntable that has an inbuilt stereo amp and phono stage, with line inputs for other sources, with circuitry based on their separates, but that's a bit more than I think you're looking at spending. In plus news, the Numark has a phono stage inbuilt, so you can use any amp.

the Numark i displayed?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps: