Page 1 of 3
Hi guys

I've come to the realisation that I've just about had enough with Australia. Sure im only 17, but i cant see myself living in this country in the future.

So i was wondering, where would i move to in England?

I've been told to stay away from London due to crime rate, so i was thinking a smaller town.

So pit, where is a nice place to live my life, or my early adulthood out?

All your suggestions mean something

Cheers
Once you've lived here for a month or so, you'll miss Australia.

Any of the big cities have their good and bad areas. I can recommend Nottingham as a decent city, but you're better off living outside of the actual city, as there are a lot of dodgy areas.

I live in Derby (about a half hour drive from Nottingham), and there are several nice, quite areas around Derby, and it has decent transport links to the rest of the country, so you can hit cities like London and Manchester in a couple of hours.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Move to the Shires, its beautiful here, a green and pleasant land and we are all hobbits, u may have to convert tho, LOL!!!
I understand, you don't want to be in Australia when South-Africa walks over you in the rugby? I'd also move to england to avoid that if I were you
Quote by Troop of Doom
Whats wrong with Austrailia? except for the dodgy beer.

Everything kills you.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by metacarpi

Any of the big cities have their good and bad areas. I can recommend Nottingham as a decent city, but you're better off living outside of the actual city, as there are a lot of dodgy areas.

I live in Derby (about a half hour drive from Nottingham), and there are several nice, quite areas around Derby, and it has decent transport links to the rest of the country, so you can hit cities like London and Manchester in a couple of hours.

Isn't Nottingham one of the worst cities in the country for crime?

I might be doing it a disservice but for some reason that's what my brain thinks.

TS - Don't move to England. Stay in Australia and do something awesome like become a marine biologist and live half your life in the great barrier reef under the sun.
Quote by metacarpi

Even though most Australians seem to have a national identity of loving the summer and beach etc, im the complete opposite. I hate summer, and when that 40C heat comes on i honestly get sick of it.

Also, i find that a culture change would also be a life lesson for me.

The only thing that ill have to get used to is the accents haha
Quote by Don_Humpador
Isn't Nottingham one of the worst cities in the country for crime?

I might be doing it a disservice but for some reason that's what my brain thinks.

TS - Don't move to England. Stay in Australia and do something awesome like become a marine biologist and live half your life in the great barrier reef under the sun.

It's often quoted as being a hot spot for violent crime, but having lived in and around Nottingham for the past 25 years, I've not noticed it as being any worse than say Manchester or London.

The reason Nottingham gets such a bad rep is due to areas like St. Anns, but like I say, avoid that, and you'll find it's a beautiful historic city, with a decent nightlife (Rock City FTMFW), and good shopping.

The whole Midlands area is probably your best bet TS, largely due to the fact that it puts most major cities within a couple of hours travel time, and there are good bus, train, and air links.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
It's often quoted as being a hot spot for violent crime, but having lived in and around Nottingham for the past 25 years, I've not noticed it as being any worse than say Manchester or London.

The reason Nottingham gets such a bad rep is due to areas like St. Anns, but like I say, avoid that, and you'll find it's a beautiful historic city, with a decent nightlife (Rock City FTMFW), and good shopping.

The whole Midlands area is probably your best bet TS, largely due to the fact that it puts most major cities within a couple of hours travel time, and there are good bus, train, and air links.

Leeds FTW
Quote by durhamdynamo
Everything kills you.

Hahah, i dont see why everyone thinks that everything here in Australia is poisonous.

I honestly have never seen a snake in my life, maybe at the zoo. I also haven't seen too many big spiders, and I've definitely never been bitten by anything.

But the culture here i find is pretty bad. Most people are just plain rude, vouch off the government, and have little care for anything else.
Apart from Leeds, avoid Leeds like the plague.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi

A'ight, maybe it's just the news. But seriously TS don't come here. Just go somewhere nice.

like greece

>.>

<.<

But the culture here i find is pretty bad. Most people are just plain rude, vouch off the government, and have little care for anything else.

Are you describing England or Australia?
I wouldn't bother mate, it's crap here. I go to Australia if it weren't for all the insects + spiders etc.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
To be fair, if you do come to the UK you'll be rolling in pussy since lasses seem to love the Aussie accent.

I can say that Yorkshire is a nice place to live. Either York itself, or near one of the other major cities like Sheffield, or Leeds.
Quote by SG_dave
To be fair, if you do come to the UK you'll be rolling in pussy since lasses seem to love the Aussie accent.

I can say that Yorkshire is a nice place to live. Either York itself, or near one of the other major cities like Sheffield, or Leeds.

Just avoid Doncaster. Absolute shit hole.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Just avoid Doncaster. Absolute shit hole.

Ah but is it a Godforsaken Shit Hole?
Quote by Moullla
Hahah, i dont see why everyone thinks that everything here in Australia is poisonous.

I honestly have never seen a snake in my life, maybe at the zoo. I also haven't seen too many big spiders, and I've definitely never been bitten by anything.

Youve clearly never been to England. Its not all Mary Poppins over here you know.

Its full of people who just sponge off the government on benefits,scumbags who do nothing other than get pissed up and smash each others faces in on a weekend and an almost open door policy on immigration
I will do a straight swap with you.

I live in the lovely garden of england 'kent'... Really is so beautiful
Quote by rockdude375
I go to Australia if it weren't for all the insects + spiders etc.

Just a question... do foreigners seriously think Australia is that much of a deathtrap? You know it's all HIGHLY exaggerated, right? I've lived here my entire life, and I've never had a close call with anything deadly. Well, maybe a snake. And a spider.
I am also looking to get away from my family.

Sure most people will say its just a phase that you go through as a teenager, hating your family.

All my relatives are a major pain in the ass, and having to survive in new society independently would be a challenge but well worth it
Come to Manchestor lad
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Just a question... do foreigners seriously think Australia is that much of a deathtrap? You know it's all HIGHLY exaggerated, right? I've lived here my entire life, and I've never had a close call with anything deadly. Well, maybe a snake. And a spider.

It's the uninformed thinking that everywhere is like the bush.
They forget that it's mostly cities and suburbs where people live in Aussieland.
Quote by 'Leviathan'

As i said before, i have honestly never seen a poisonous creature, besides from at the zoo when i was like 5
Come to Norwich, it's a city, just not a huge one like London and the like. Nice place to live, low crime. Good music scene!
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Australia is pretty overrated to be honest. I can understand why he wants to move. I wont bother getting into an Australia hate speech though.

That being said. Not sure why he desires to move to England. To me there would be more desirable places to live.
Last edited by vayne92 at Sep 30, 2011,
I know it's already been said but stay away from Leeds, there is like one nice street and the rest of the time you feel like you are going to be stabbed by a meth addict asking for 20p for the bus.
Don't come to England. It's all going to Hell in a handcart over here.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by dannycasevnx
I know it's already been said but stay away from Leeds, there is like one nice street and the rest of the time you feel like you are going to be stabbed by a meth addict asking for 20p for the bus.

Dont be soft, Leeds is actually quite a nice city with a couple of shit bits, like any major city.
Another factor that i'll have to take into account is accommodation.

Is it relatively easy to find cheap accommodation?
Oh hey you're from Perth like me. No wonder you want to move. It's a shithole here
Wait, you want to move to England, not out of it, from Australia?

u crazy
20 % of all the australians who die every year do so by the venom from snakes and spiders.
Fact.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by LivinJoke84
Dont be soft, Leeds is actually quite a nice city with a couple of shit bits, like any major city.

Besides the Wharf and Brigate I cant think of a single place in Leeds that I would class as nice, though I am speaking strictly about the city here not the surrounding areas which can be quite nice.
Nah stay in Australia bro. England sucks.

Not sure what you mean about the accents either, we're not that different, if anyone tells you other wise it's poppycock.

Tally-ho.
Quote by vayne92
Oh hey you're from Perth like me. No wonder you want to move. It's a shithole here

Yeah mate tell me about it...

I was thinking about moving to Melbourne, but from my experiences there its just about the same place just triple the size
Quote by Moullla
Another factor that i'll have to take into account is accommodation.

Is it relatively easy to find cheap accommodation?

No, unless you want to live in the roughest area's possible.
Page 1 of 3