Hi guys,

For my final year university project I’m investigating musical gear theft.

If you have been unfortunate enough to have a pedal swiped, find a symbol set missing or chased someone down the road trying to get your keyboard back I want to know about it!

I’m interested to know:

-Who you reported the theft to? (Police, event organiser….etc.)
-What time it was stolen? (Before, after?)
-Who stole it? (Was it a fan, random spectator, backstage staff?)
-Where your item went missing? (Out the back of your van? Backstage etc.)
-What actually went missing? (Pedals, guitar? Your whole set up? Drum sticks?)

Any information would be very gratefully received.

Thanks guys,

Scott.
You couldn't have picked an interesting topic?

I have no real contribution.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Meh, I once lost a harmonica in the last day of school past year, but didn't report it to anyone, I wasn't even good with the harmonica after all. Dunno if that counts.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Portugal. The Man had their trailer stolen with all of their gear at lollapalooza.
http://oregonmusicnews.com/blog/2011/08/09/portugal-the-mans-gear-stolen-after-lollapalooza-van-recovered-gear-gone/?utm_source=wordtwit&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wordtwit

there's an article about it, a gear list link, and you can google for plenty of information to answer your questions
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by kylepianoman
Portugal. The Man had their trailer stolen with all of their gear at lollapalooza.
http://oregonmusicnews.com/blog/2011/08/09/portugal-the-mans-gear-stolen-after-lollapalooza-van-recovered-gear-gone/?utm_source=wordtwit&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wordtwit

there's an article about it, a gear list link, and you can google for plenty of information to answer your questions

I'm seeing them in about a month!
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212