I've been playing guitar for 4 years on a Les Paul imitation.
I can do pretty good nice sounding vibratos and high bends

But I recently bought a Mexican Strat and I really have trouble bending...
If I try too hard the string I'm bending crashes into the string above and destroys the sound.

Are Strats simply hard to bend on? Or do I just have to wait and get used to a Strat feel?

Thanks
I only ever played on a strat, so the only tip I can give you is to use the finger before the one you bend with on the string below, to get it out of the way + mute it. You may need to increase your finger strenght a bit.
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
The longer scale length is probably giving you problems. Also, when you push up on the string, are you getting bridge movement? That can also be a problem with Strats -- you have to push harder because the bridge can dip a bit. If you don't use your trem, you should think about blocking it. It'll provide more tuning stability.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by YYMMalmsteen
I've been playing guitar for 4 years on a Les Paul imitation.
I can do pretty good nice sounding vibratos and high bends

But I recently bought a Mexican Strat and I really have trouble bending...
If I try too hard the string I'm bending crashes into the string above and destroys the sound.

Are Strats simply hard to bend on? Or do I just have to wait and get used to a Strat feel?

Thanks

Also, when I use the trmolo, when I push it down I hear a "creak" noise, as if the strings had stretched or split. What is that? Good, bad, usual, nothing?

Creaking is probably the trem springs rather than your strings. If your strings are making noise, that means they're binding up somewhere, usually at the nut.
Hi, I'm Peter
Try bending with your fingers all in close proximity and touching, as opposed to the one-finger-per-fret spacing normally used.

Another thing I've seen players do, is (assuming your bending with the 3rd finger) to have the 2nd finger as the support behind it, as usual, but the 1st finger creeps it's way over the top of the strings above, thus providing a mute.
You probably just need to get used to it; IMO, a Strat is one of the easiest guitars to bend strings on.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
You could also try doing the bends further down your finger. instead of the very tip, you could touch the string a bit closer to the pad of your finger. That's how I do it, and my when my finger comes in contact with the next string, it usually mutes it while pushing it out of the way at the same time. It's kind of hard to explain, but if I were you, I'd experiment with different fingering techniques to find out what works best for you.
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach