Alright so I know I'm being way too picky about this issue, because it is not noticeable unless I directly point it out to someone, and even then they would probably laugh at me. Even so, it still bothers me a little.

I basically bumped the tip of my PRS's headstock against a wall in my house and the smallest clear coat came off. It's less than a centimeter in size and the wood is not damaged in the slightest, just part of the glossy finish came off. Like I said before, it's really only noticeable to me, but I'm wondering if I can apply a very thin coat to fix it up. It's PRS's new V12 finish though, which I know I will not copy, so I'm thinking to just apply a polyurethane coat to it with a very small brush.

Couple questions. First, would this damage the finish around it, should I use tape? Also, how should I exactly do this little fix? Thanks guy's, I guess I'm just a little OCD about this little problem. It's so minor that I figure I can fix it myself.

Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Last edited by RocknRory at Sep 30, 2011,
I ended up putting some Polyurethane on it, and I'll be applying a few coats, obviously I don't have the color to match, but it protects the wood in the future so it works.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Drop fill with Super glue Wet sand with 1500 grit wrapped around a block odf wood, finish with car polishing compound. Tape off and mask to protect existing finish. Good luck