I finally decided to buy a amp for my practice. i will use it with my zoom g2.1nu processor, ibanez mtm2 guitar. But i could not decide which one will be good for me. marshall mg15 or roland cube 15xl.(only this two amps are available in bangladesh in its range). i mainly play classic thrash metal or heavy metal songs.like classic metallica or megadeath. i want a amp which is pretty loud for home use and do not make unnatural or noise in distortion. so in those options which will be great.
imo the microcube is better than the cube 15, but it won't be as loud.

peavey vypyr (haven't tried) or vox valvetronix might be better than either of those, as the 15 watters don't lose as many features as the cube does.

though if your multifx has a bunch of amp models which sound good you don't even have to go down the modelling route, something like an epiphone valve junior combined with your fx might be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My buddy bought a Cube that was a 15x1, an it lasted him about 2 and a half year, and now it has some issues. The power on it flickers, and the distortion goes out of whack when he turns the volume up past 5. He's the type of guy who takes really good care of his stuff, too. His first guitar he bought 10 years ago could still pass for brand new..

So I'd say go Marshall.
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I
Quote by Taerran
My buddy bought a Cube that was a 15x1, an it lasted him about 2 and a half year, and now it has some issues. The power on it flickers, and the distortion goes out of whack when he turns the volume up past 5. He's the type of guy who takes really good care of his stuff, too. His first guitar he bought 10 years ago could still pass for brand new..

So I'd say go Marshall.

I've had my 15x for 4 years and it still works great.

And ts, don't get the Marshall, it's not that good. Get a vypyr, cube, mustang, or a valvetronix instead.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Guys, he said those two are the only ones available in his area, so... the recommendations probably aren't that useful .

TS, I'd personally go for the cube 'cause I don't like the tone of Marshalls, but if you have the opportunity, test both of them and see how they sound.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
if those are you ONLY options get the roland cube. it will sound much better than that crap marshall.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
oh right, whoops

they have other cubes, though, right? the micro shouldn't be much more than the 15... though granted it's not as loud if that's a problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
TS give GS Lead a message since he is in Calcutta. He might be able to help you find better options in your area or order something better online.

+1 to the Vypyr.
The new Marshall MG isn't that bad for the price. There is a Rob Chappers video on it. TBH they should have called it something else doesn't sound like any other mg i've heard, unless of course the rob chappers vid is a windup and he's playing through a different amp.
buddy i tested both of em in S.S MUSICALS (KOLKATA) and finally settled for roland cube 15xl .... simply because it sounds great atleast better than the marshall .....