I just got my Jackson SLS3 back from a guitar tech and I am having a problem with it.

Here is what I am working with: Jackson SLS3, SD Blackouts, Daddario 13-62's tuned to drop Bb.

What is happening is when I am playing using the bridge pickup and using high gain I get vibrations in the other strings. For instance, when playing on the 2nd or 3rd string, the 6th string begins to vibrate. It doesn't vibrate a whole lot, but it is enough to make the other notes I am playing sound out of tune or bad.

I am wondering what I can do to fix this. Is it possible that the bridge pickup is too close to the strings? Or is it because of the gauge of strings that I am using, or the type of guitar I have? Is it something that I can fix?
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
It just sounds like a technique problem. Make sure all the strings you aren't using are muted
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I don't think it is a technique problem, because I do not experience this as much on other guitars. I can't even solo on the 1st or 2nd string without the top 6 string vibrating so much that it throws off the sound of what I am actually playing.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Take it to a tech if it's REALLY bothering you. It's most likely a technique problem, because there's no other concrete explination.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yeah you have to learn how to mute the other strings your not playing or else youll get alot of noise like that
i find it happens more on well intonated and tuned guitars then not
so your guitars doing fine
its your technique that needs fixing
My question to you is, when you are talking about it not happening on other guitars, are they tuned as low as your Jackson is? I notice the same thing on my PRS Paul Allender in drop B and I assume it would be caused by a lower level of tension on the strings, which make them prone to vibrating easier. Just get used to balm muting all strings above the string your soling, and mute the strings below the string your soloing with your fretting fingers.
Ok I will have to work on my technique then. This guitar is almost perfectly intonated, and my other guitars are not tuned as low as this one. However, string tension on this one is pretty good, but I guess I will work on muting the strings better. Thanks for all the help everyone this place is always great to come to and ask questions.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
What kind of a bridge does your guitar have?

If it's the model with the fixed bridge and string-thru body design then you might be hearing ghost notes caused by string vibration on the other side of the bridge. Since you're using a lower tuning, I suppose it's possible there isn't enough string tension on the other side of the bridge to keep that in check.

That's just a total stab in the dark though, without seeing your guitar (or your technique) I'm just guessing. If you want, try weaving a thin piece of foam or felt through the strings on the other side of the bridge, see if that helps.

Although if you have a tremolo then disregard that...
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
My guitar is a fixed bridge, string through body.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
I am not sure if it is the string on the other side of the bridge vibrating that is causing the noise. If I play a note pretty much anywhere I can see and feel the other strings vibrating above the fretboard.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Oh ok, if you're actually seeing other strings vibrating then it's definitely not that. Weird...

How hard are you playing on it? If you bring it up to standard tuning does it still do it?
Current Gear:
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
I am not playing very hard as I am not a very aggressive player.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Hmm... Was it doing this before the guitar tech worked on it?
Current Gear:
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Not sure, I brought it to a tech right after I got the guitar.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
The only thing that can be done is a change of technique. There's not a whole lot you can do about it if everything else checks out fine.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee