I've got some money burning in my wallet and I know on what I want to spend it: a six-string bass.

The only one I've seen in RL though is the Ibanez SR506, and it seems like a fine bass to me.

I'm not sure if it's the bass I should get though. Are there any other six-string basses you would reccommend me ?

Gear:
Peavey Milestone III
Roland Micro Cube (bass version)

I'm not planning on gigging any time soon, and I'm going to get a job sometime next month, so when I do need a better amp (though I know mine sucks) I will have the money for it.

Budget is 700 euro's, live in Holland.

Thanks in advance.
If you can stretch your budget a bit you could get this

I'd much prefer that over the SR506 but that's a matter of opinion

For a cheaper alternative there's the Peavey Grind 6 or the ESP LTD D-6 which are both solid basses.

Also. Oh dear, a fellow Dutchman.
Quote by shmbluh12
If you can stretch your budget a bit you could get this

I'd much prefer that over the SR506 but that's a matter of opinion

For a cheaper alternative there's the Peavey Grind 6 or the ESP LTD D-6 which are both solid basses.

Also. Oh dear, a fellow Dutchman.

Oh my, that already looks nicer than the SR506. Let's see if I can find any of the three somewhere whithin 20km

Thanks for the advice, my fellow Dutchman
dude the tone on that bass is tits (just according to the sound clips). i dig the metal clip. i'd say get it as much of an ibanez freak i am
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
bases in that price range (from my usa experience)

ibanez sr
ibanez btb
schecter stiletto
peavey grind
esp ltd B
esp ltd D

I don't have all the numbers and stuff at the end of those but that was pretty much my list of basses to look at when I was shopping.. I ended up going with the schecter because I love the chunky necks.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by summerson1
dude the tone on that bass is tits (just according to the sound clips). i dig the metal clip. i'd say get it as much of an ibanez freak i am

Are you referring to the soundsamples on Thomann?
'cause they aren't exactly known for their wonderful recording
John Myung sig. I have one and it's an absolute beast tone-wise.
You gonna bark all day little doggie?