Hi guitarists out there.

I bought a used Hagstrom guitar on the internet (bad move I know, but they are not common here in Italy) and I'm having some major concerns:

I received the guitar with the neck bent in an upbow. Trying to fasten the truss rod is not possible to me, as the allen key 3mm apparently fits but it's not turning as the nut
is probably stripped.

What is also very concerning is that the guitar makes a noise if I tilt it. There is something inside the neck which sounds like rolling for an inch or so up and down when bowing the guitar. Sounds like a metal thingy free to roll or slide... obviously the sounds comes from the area around the 1st-2nd fret down to the 3rd or 4th.

What is that?! A piece of truss rod runnign freely? I suppose this is quite a bad issue, isn't it?
Thanks for your advise, I've not been able to find anything on google talking about noises inside the neck (besides cracking wood).
If turning the allen key head has no affect on the truss rod, it might be broken in there. If you can find a luther in your area take it to him and see what he thinks. It'll be better for him to pull the fretboard off and replace the rod instead of you trying it.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Well sure, I hope at least a luthier may do that. It just may be a huge amount of money for a guitar not worth it.

Anyway...that's it
It's a pretty easy adjustment, just look for a guide to removing a fingerboard. from there it's pretty obvious what you need to do.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
The luthier said the truss rod must be broken inside...he managed to give it a slight turn despite the stripped nut, but with no effect on the bent neck.

He did not mention you can replace that (also, I'm not sure you can do that with the hagstrom special H expander truss rod), but offered me to smooth all the neck keys one by one to get it leveled. No way for the costs and the chance to have a really uncomfortable neck after the job is done.

Well... what if the guitar is still under warranty being less that 1 year old? any chance I get refunded even thou it was shipped and may have been damaged by the express courier?
They must not have detuned it before shipping. Pressure on the neck can cause it to bow if it isn't packed right and detuned.
Quote by Buxom
They must not have detuned it before shipping. Pressure on the neck can cause it to bow if it isn't packed right and detuned.

Complete nonsense.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
I bought a Telecaster online and it wasn't detuned or packed very well and one corner of the heel of my neck broke off and the truss rod broke.
Quote by Buxom
I bought a Telecaster online and it wasn't detuned or packed very well and one corner of the heel of my neck broke off and the truss rod broke.

It was the packing. If you're trying to say that a guitar sitting with the strings tuned to pitch was responsible for the heel breaking off....
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
It was the packing. If you're trying to say that a guitar sitting with the strings tuned to pitch was responsible for the heel breaking off....

They were actually really high tension. It seems like they just put the strings on as tight as possible for presentation. But I'd detune just in case it got dropped or banged around.
Quote by Buxom
They were actually really high tension. It seems like they just put the strings on as tight as possible for presentation. But I'd detune just in case it got dropped or banged around.

It does not help to detune a guitar for storage or shipping. In fact, unless you also slack off the truss rod, you are actually creating an unbalanced force on the neck. When set up properly and tuned to pitch, forces are in balance between the strings and truss rod. Nobody would simply tighten strings beyond normal pitch for 'presentation', whatever that means. Dropping a poorly packed guitar is what causes damage. Nothing else.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
It does not help to detune a guitar for storage or shipping. In fact, unless you also slack off the truss rod, you are actually creating an unbalanced force on the neck. When set up properly and tuned to pitch, forces are in balance between the strings and truss rod. Nobody would simply tighten strings beyond normal pitch for 'presentation', whatever that means. Dropping a poorly packed guitar is what causes damage. Nothing else.

If the item was air shipped in an unpressurized cabin then you would want to detune the strings.
If it was ground/sea shipment then detuning will have no benefit.
Quote by Buxom
It came from Mexico. Might have been air.

Good Lord. Somebody dropped your guitar, and the OP bought a guitar with a broken truss rod.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
It was ok though. Gave me an excuse to score an even better neck for a great price.
Quote by Buxom
It was ok though. Gave me an excuse to score an even better neck for a great price.

Just to add a bit more info to my comments. The increase in tension you would get from a major drop in temperature would barely be similar to changing up a gauge in strings. I don't think such a change has ever damaged a neck, even when the person doesn't figure out the need for truss rod adjustment. As well, the truss rod has reacted to the temperature change, so the net effect is much less, negated entirely, or even slightly in the opposite direction, depending on truss rod material.

In any case, the effects are so slight that if you were to leave your guitar in the trunk of a car at -20, then pull it out to play outdoors in that temperature (I have, believe it or not), you would need to retune slightly, and that's it. Electric guitars are really tough.

Now, with an acoustic guitar, it's a completely different story. You are dealing with major humidity changes, as well as the forces on the top at the bridge exerted by the strings. Absolutely detune an acoustic before shipping. No question there.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1