Okay, so I bought a kit - http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_eguitar_kit_tstyle.htm

As you can see it's a telecaster

I've wanted one for at least a year and a half and now it's finally gonna happen.

I'm gonna put it all together and see how it sounds, but i'm pretty sure I'll be upgrading most of the parts on it, im thinking an irongear steel foundry in the neck, and an irongear steel twin in the bridge we'll see what the bridge is like, and i reckon probably the tuners will need upgrading too, but i'll see for sure when its ready for testing

I dont know about paintjobs, my ideas so far are:
1. White Tele, black scratchplate
2. Red Tele, black scratchplate
3. natural tele (stained a bit darker) with some handpainted designs on the scratchplate and some lyrics on the back or something.

more ideas and suggestions welcome
3rd idea sounds best. I'm trying to build a Tele-stle guitar, too. But I've never even attempted to build a guitar before, and I don't even know where to start. :/
Quote by x_Hezee_x

My favorite bands are: Nickleback, Staind, Green Day, Disturbed and many more. I also like Songs that are being used in the WWE.

So gimme a shout out! im really looking for a Guitar Buddy
Quote by mb889
3rd idea sounds best. I'm trying to build a Tele-stle guitar, too. But I've never even attempted to build a guitar before, and I don't even know where to start. :/

this is my first build so ive never done anything like this either, id suggest you check out the harley benton kits on thomann, theyre cheap enough that if it doesnt go to plan you havent really blown too much on it, and if it goes well, its a playable guitar, holds memories and is personal thats why i chose to build my own guitar. the kits seem pretty simple, all the parts are there and you just have to assemble them, after that if you want to make any changes i.e pickups, bridge, etc. theres plenty of info on the interweb on how to do it
i think ill disagree with the 3rd option, the wood on the picture is very plank like :p, i mean that you can really see 4 seperate pieces of wood, not 1 full body and by staining, you will just exeggerate (sorry for spelling) that. i would go with the white painting
maybe even light blue pickguard
but this is my opinion and you dont need to like it :p
Quote by Leon987
i think ill disagree with the 3rd option, the wood on the picture is very plank like :p, i mean that you can really see 4 seperate pieces of wood, not 1 full body and by staining, you will just exeggerate (sorry for spelling) that. i would go with the white painting
maybe even light blue pickguard
but this is my opinion and you dont need to like it :p

it came today, ive just looked at it, suprisingly it doesnt look plank-like, you can;t see the pieces of wood, however, it does have a few blemishes, so i think i will paint it there are a few parts missing, but only one part is missing so far, the truss rod cover, but thats nothing major, theyre only like 2 or 3 pounds so so far im pretty happy, i think i still will do the lyrics on the back, im not sure about designs on the pickguard though i'll post some pics tomorrow
IKR! i am gonna be doing a white tele with a black scratchplate, i'll post up some pics of everything today, probably start building either tonight, tomorrow or some time next week.
Quote by xadioriderx
check out my "build 2" that i just finished. white/black/gold tele, maybe youll get some ideas on colors and such from it! white and black are good colors!

this made me lol, i was probably reading through your builds while you were writing this :L your first one was amazing i really love that green, and your tele looked so professional really nice work bro keep it up
ive always had a soft spot for teles and i want one (may build one at some point) with a flame maple neck & fretboard, abalone dot inlays, Black finish with a black 3ply scratchplate (white middle ply) and all gold hardware

only thing i would struggle with is as much as i love the tele i have no use for the tele twang so i would be looking at some sort of single high output single coil sized humbucker (i dont know if EMG do a single sized 81)

as for your options i would go for white with black scratchplate