i've just bought a new, axe: a ltd viper 100fm and surprise, it came with .9's so do i need to do major adjust if i change the string gauge ?
No, it's nearly no difference in tension. At most you might need a little calibration which you could do yourself.
Professional lurker since 2009.
nope just slight truss rob and intonation adjustment

unless it has a trem then you are going to have to tighten the sprpings in the back some and it might thake a while to get it balanced
and 1 know a good T.O.M adjust tutorial ? i have no idea how to do it in this kind of bridge
for a TOM you just turn the intonation screws(the ones attached to the saddles) to adjust the for intonation you shouldnt have to do much else to the bridge
Quote by supersac
for a TOM you just turn the intonation screws(the ones attached to the saddles) to adjust the for intonation you shouldnt have to do much else to the bridge

Yes - and it's like that in pretty much all bridges actually
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by supersac
nope just slight truss rob and intonation adjustment

unless it has a trem then you are going to have to tighten the sprpings in the back some and it might thake a while to get it balanced

truss rod adjustment?

You only adjust the truss rod if it becomes concave or convex, going up or down a gauge on the strings doesn't usually necessitate a change to the neck.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by BlackbirdPie
truss rod adjustment?

You only adjust the truss rod if it becomes concave or convex, going up or down a gauge on the strings doesn't usually necessitate a change to the neck.

he might have to do a bit i know i did when i went up from 9s to 10s
to get it just perfect
Quote by supersac
he might have to do a bit i know i did when i went up from 9s to 10s
to get it just perfect

There is a world of difference between might and should.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by BlackbirdPie
truss rod adjustment?

this.

my gretsch 5120's truss rod wasn't even tightened at all when i got it, and it didn't need to be, because the neck was having no trouble supporting the tension of 11-49 gauge strings on its own.

i wouldn't worry too much about the truss rod but it might be worth checking once you change the strings. if it does bow forwards just a 1/8th turn clockwise should do the trick.

i think in this case the only thing you'll need to adjust is the intonation.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by technoguyx
Yes - and it's like that in pretty much all bridges actually

No it isn't.

Any non-fixed bridge/hardtail would require at least a spring adjustment.
Quote by Butt Rayge
No it isn't.

Any non-fixed bridge/hardtail would require at least a spring adjustment.

"Pretty much all bridges", he didn't say all bridges.

Just saying.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
"Pretty much all bridges", he didn't say all bridges.

Just saying.

I'm sure if we did the math, we'd find that 'all fixed bridges' doesn't cover 'pretty much all bridges.'

Just saying.