Hey everyone,

I'm currently looking to buy a new bass guitar in the $2000 price range (5 or 6 string). I'm currently playing and Ibanez ICB300 and I love it to death. I just need a 5 or 6 string to do a few cover songs and do them well at that! I'm currently looking at this http://www.gearhounds.com/ibanez-grooveline-g105-5-string-bass-guitar.aspx just wondering if this would be worth the money? I'm a big Ibanez fan and don't feel like straying from them. Any suggestions would be great for (around my price range) Thanks for your time.
Well, you could try the ibanez rbx somethng. I can't remember the whole name o it, but it's on my profile. I've played that bass for a while, and I thin i's graet. It's a 5 string btw.
$2000 is A LOT of money to be spending on an instrument. You can not make this choice lightly. You have more than enough to the go the custom built route and get a bass that would be better for you than anything Ibanez will ever make.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
are you really willing to put down $2000 on a bass, to just play a couple covers? wouldn't you rather get an ok 5er/6er or borrow (if you're recording) and spend the rest on bettering other parts of your rig?
My whole set up is worth around 10k and I've only really done cover bands. Nothing wrong with having nice gear. A lot of people with the uber expensive custom stuff are often only bedroom heroes.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Agreed. No sense only having crap when you can afford gold.
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Quote by fleajr_1412
$2000 is A LOT of money to be spending on an instrument. You can not make this choice lightly. You have more than enough to the go the custom built route and get a bass that would be better for you than anything Ibanez will ever make.

I disagree this much:

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

$2K is not 'more than enough' to have a custom instrument built for you. I would highly doubt that any you had made would be better than an Ibanez for the price.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
I would suggest going to your local guitar/bass shop and try ALL the basses. buy the one that you like the most and if it leaves you with enough money, check out other gear and pedals and such.
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Quote by Killerfridge
I disagree this much:

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

$2K is not 'more than enough' to have a custom instrument built for you. I would highly doubt that any you had made would be better than an Ibanez for the price.

I don't know whether it would be "better" then a Grooveline, but $2000 is well within starting prices on something like a Tom Clement or a LeCompte.

TS, the world is your oyster. A budget like that gives you A LOT of options, so start trying out basses left and right.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by consecutive e
My whole set up is worth around 10k and I've only really done cover bands. Nothing wrong with having nice gear. A lot of people with the uber expensive custom stuff are often only bedroom heroes.

I didn't mean in that situation so much as if he were recording a few songs nothing wrong with borrowing but if I'm wrong I'm wrong
I have no complaints about my rig currently so I'll be upgrading piece by piece with the bass first. I'm not always using the same rig since I volunteer at lots of organizations and play on their stages with their gear. I've heard a fair bit of decent things about Spector bass' I've also heard they're in my price range. I'm currently in Ottawa and we do have a steve's music (which is where I bought my current Ibanez for $900 a while back). I haven't bothered to go there in a long time because last I remembered the selection wasn't too great regarding the amount I was looking to spend. Any other thoughts on the grooveline?
Another idea is Carvin. practically a custom shop bass and its in your price range.
Quote by Bass First