I will be mostly playing indie and hardcore punk stuff and i am getting a nice combo amp so i would like to keep my budget around 300.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
strat?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I'd go with an LP, something like an Epiphone or Vintage. Gould also make an excellent version.

The only real advice though, is to go to a guitar shop and try a few out and buy the one YOU like best, not the one other random people on the internet think you should have.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
ibanez rg series, also take a look at the ltd line in that budget...
Shit doesn't just happen. We make shit happen.

ESP LTD MH-400 (emg 89 /81)
MIJ Fender Stratocaster (customized)
DarkHorse V (ahb-2 blackout)
Vox VT30
Erineball Cables
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Fender Standard Strat or HSS strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG321
used Jackson Dinky

I would recommend not getting guitars with Floyd Rose style trems in this price range. Most of the time they are crappy trems and are not worth the time unless you want to spend an extra $200 on a (schaller) Original Floyd Rose.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Everyone has said something different, mostly because it just depends on your sound and the feel of the guitar. IMO go play a bunch.. You will find out alot of the sexy ones play like shit and some of the ones you didn't like the look of feel amazing..

Keep in mind at a "guitar center" type of store most of them will be poorly setup, but you still can get a decent feel.

The only thing I really think is important is staying away from trems with this price range. (as mentioned above)
/rig
Ibanez RG2EX1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Ibanez ART100?
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.