could be a sustainer, could just be some feedback
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Thats feedback, cool video though
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I can't watch youtube on my team bus apparently -_-

But this question gets asked a lot and 90% of the time it's feedback. Feedback used in a controlled manner can seem like endless sustain. If not that, like CJ said, a sustainer possibly. Fernandez makes one of the most famous ones.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Another thing you can do is develop a great vibrato. Kirk Hammett isn't known for having great vibrato, but a lot of players with great sustain abilities do.
That is unquestionably just feedback.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
No effects needed, just raw volume!

With a little bit of delay and well the hands of Satch, you can get this level of lovely sustain/decay/feedback control!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOsgv_X_cV8
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by Artemis Entreri
I can't watch youtube on my team bus apparently -_-

But this question gets asked a lot and 90% of the time it's feedback. Feedback used in a controlled manner can seem like endless sustain. If not that, like CJ said, a sustainer possibly. Fernandez makes one of the most famous ones.

Sustainiacs are better known among us old farts
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
pull an yngwie and get a brass nut
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
some of the jackson guitars have sustaniac pickups.with that pickup, u can hold a note until u die. just type "jackson sustaniac" on youtube, u'll see.
That's just feedback. You can make feedback by turning up your amp really loud and facing your pickups towards the speakers. Jimi Hendrix would do this a ton. That's how the intro to foxy lady is done.