and right out of the box there was broken pieces of wood and screws falling out... I tightened them up and said whatever let's see how it sounds. I turn the power on and let it sit on standby for a minute of course, but once I take it off standby I hear loud buzzing and cracking. After a minute or two, it goes away and I can actually hear my guitar.

On top of all that, the midi input for the sanpera II footswitch in the back is slightly defective or something because if you move it just a little you lose connection. Even if you get it to stay connected, it doesn't even work... none of the buttons respond yet when I turn the knobs on the amp it shows the changes on the footswitch.

It does sound way better than my spider though, but at least my spider works the way it's supposed to.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Yamaha YDP161 Arius Digital Piano
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Return it. File claim with shipper. Take pictures. B.S.

+1

Sorry buddy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Sometimes you're the one who has to draw the short straw, sucks but not much you can do but ask for another. I'm very happy with my Vypyr though, and you shouldn't have problems with your 2nd amp. They should have a problem giving you another amp either.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Damn man thats a series of pretty craptastic events, especially with a new amp. Was this sent to you via UPS or did you purchase it from a retail location? If it was sent to you via UPS get on the horn with them quick and put in a claim before its too late. If you bought it from a store front take it back and show them the damages, all around I believe you are entitled to a new amp in much better condition. Hopefully it all works out for ya and your shredding mad on your new amp soon.
well the footswitch is working now which is good but i'm still not impressed with how the amp was when I unboxed it so im not sure if i should return it
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Yamaha YDP161 Arius Digital Piano
i would not accept any of it.

customer rules 101.

even if it worked now, in 2 weeks from now something could go south and you don't want to take in for warranty repair and have it denied because the amp is damaged.

there would be no question in my mind in returning for a new one. actually, the longer you wait the harder it will be.
New or used, get on the horn with the shipper to get it handled through shipping insurance. If it is new, why would you pay the price for a new unit when it's not perfect? Send 'er back!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs