Page 1 of 2
We see all the pretty pictures of new gear etc.

That's great, but it's time for something different.

Let's see the "bad and ugly" for a change.

Repaired necks, split fretboards, dings, dents, you know.... the ugly.

Because it's our love for our gear that we play it, and with any real use things are going to happen.

So let's see them, let's see the ugly.

This is the headstock of my CU24, quick string changes and countless dings on this or that etc. I have given it my own personal mojo, we've bonded through garage and basement jams, nights out at the local pub, etc.

I think that the wounds are part of what make our guitars ours.

Let's see yours.
Ive posted this pic multiple times for multiple reasons....but this thread seems more logical...... i wouldnt call it a battle wound but more like i wounded it in battle because it played like shit....

Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Just letting you guys know, if you ever feel like you don't like your guitar anymore, feel free to donate it to me. Especially your CU gregs, don't hesitate to send it
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I'll post tomorrow, cool idea though.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
ippon where exactly?

Quote by JKHC
Just letting you guys know, if you ever feel like you don't like your guitar anymore, feel free to donate it to me. Especially your CU gregs, don't hesitate to send it

i tried to get a pic of the buckle rash on the back, but it just comes up black.

this one's going nowhere but thanks for asking!

and thanks for posting guys. that's a mojo filled neck repair up there!
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 1, 2011,
Battle scars and a headstock repair on the Les Paul. The headstock looks pretty mangled, but mostly the paint is just worn off because it doesn't hold to the glue the way it does to wood. You can see drill holes from the previous machine heads, as well. It's on its fourth set.

Quote by ethan_hanus
I'll post some pics tomorrow as well. I have a few on my Squire...I've actually started to wear though the poly finish on my neck near the neck joint...which is amazing.

You know you're pretty hard on your Squier when you strip out bridge screw holes with a 6 point trem. Have you tried slipping in toothpick slivers into the holes?

I've had to do that on all my guitars for the straplock screws. But when I removed the stock buttons from my Affinity, all the thread came out with the screws--it just dumped out like heavy dust. It took a long time and a lot of mods for that guitar to work it's way back into my good graces.
My old Ovation Deacon is dinged all to hell and has a headstock repair. I'll see about getting some good pics.
most of my guitars have a few little dents and scratches here and there but nothing that really shows up on pictures.. especially not with my crappy camera.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I put lots of stickers on my rg520qs when i drunk a few years ago...

and its missing a knob
and another knob
The backs even worse.
Btw this guitar was already quite mojoed when i got it but i gigged it and made it worse... I kinda overpaid but i liked how well it played and how big it sounds. Ever since i wanged the dimarzio crunchlab and liquifire set its my go to 6 string drop c metal guitar

Also i miss alex the cat since he resides at the parents house and this pic was when i was still living with maw and paw.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Oct 1, 2011,
My 1992 PRS Custom 24:

Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by jetwash69
You know you're pretty hard on your Squier when you strip out bridge screw holes with a 6 point trem. Have you tried slipping in toothpick slivers into the holes?

I've had to do that on all my guitars for the straplock screws. But when I removed the stock buttons from my Affinity, all the thread came out with the screws--it just dumped out like heavy dust. It took a long time and a lot of mods for that guitar to work it's way back into my good graces.

All I did was remove it, which that's what screwed it up. And I can't do toothpicks, cause that will off set the trem slightly, throwing everything off.

Anyways, here's my damage. Can't see the wear on the neck very well, but it's there.

Old pics, but from my gigging days...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^^ my EMG's have those lines on them too, wtf are they?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Finally i can take pictures of my SG... ill do that later. my harmony isn't so fresh either.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Quote by Roc8995
Battle scars and a headstock repair on the Les Paul. The headstock looks pretty mangled, but mostly the paint is just worn off because it doesn't hold to the glue the way it does to wood. You can see drill holes from the previous machine heads, as well. It's on its fourth set.

colin that looks awesome.

LP_CL if that priss could talk!
I took quite a few shots get ready:

My SG's been been out a lot...

Untitled by mynameishercules, on Flickr

I don't even wear belts...

had enough? I love my SG, its mended to my body perfectly! I will not be letting the headstock break...
Guitars:
Gibson Custom ES-137
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:

Now on the a real relic:

I haven't added to it's 43 years of wear yet... still cool
Guitars:
Gibson Custom ES-137
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:

Quote by Wisthekiller
kracdown, neither of those really look to "mojo-d" at all to be honest.

Its hard to take pictures of all the dings on a black glossy guitar if you ever see it in person, you would think otherwise...

but the harmony? thats at least a light relic
Guitars:
Gibson Custom ES-137
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:

Quote by EspTro
^^ my EMG's have those lines on them too, wtf are they?

Dust? sweat? corrosion?
Quote by Butt Rayge
Dust? sweat? corrosion?

its from the strings blocking the pickup from dust, sunlight and other stuff that lands on the pickup
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
thanks. ya it really freaked me out the first time i couldnt wipe it off... then i just got over it. i assumed it was from the strings given the pattern
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by ethan_hanus
All I did was remove it, which that's what screwed it up. And I can't do toothpicks, cause that will off set the trem slightly, throwing everything off.

Sure you can. Remember, we're talking slivers.

Cut the slivers evenly and post them at 12 o'clock, 4 o'clock, and 8 o'clock positions. Use a super thin coat of wood glue on them to keep them in those positions so the screws don't misalign them when going in.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Oct 2, 2011,
Quote by n1ckn1ce
bruised PRSs makes me sad... I feel like crying... GIVE EM TO ME!!! I'll take care of them.. :p

you'd be doing it wrong.

i do have one prs with a single tiny ding in it. it's makes me nervous to even pull it out of the case. i'm afraid of being the one to bruise her up. send me $3k so i don't have to worry any longer.

and teh gibsun.

Quote by gregs1020
you'd be doing it wrong.

Your gibbys case is nicer than my room. Plus its blue which makes it extra special
I get plain white walls.........

None of my guitars are scratched badly. Although my ART has quite a deep scratch from a string change fail (by yours truly )
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Last edited by JKHC at Oct 2, 2011,
Hmmm... some of thse guitars are getting off lightly, will try put up some pic's of my strat. Shes looking a bit emotional these days
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
Page 1 of 2